Thread: Weekend 3-D shoot

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend 3-D shoot

Sue and I went to a 2 day 3-D shoot this weekend, it was the largest turnout ever for this shoot, it was awsome.
    We shot 40 targets on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. It was 1 arrow unmarked yardage ranging between 5 and 70 yards.
    I had forgot that I had dropped the poundage down on my bow a few days before the shoot so my buddy could shoot it and was shooting everything real low on Sat. 7 targets from the end I figured out why I was dropping low and cranked the bow up 4 full turns and started pegging the spots. Sunday I tore em up but due to my low first day score I ended up finishing in 3rd with a 388 total, oh well 1st the last 2 years in a row is ok, but watch out next year...
    Sue stepped in a hole and went down scrapping up her leg and knocking her sights and rest out. She finished in 17th...:-(
    Don.
    Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 010.jpgPicture 014.jpg
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW thats alot of archers in one area.3rd is not bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention there were 30 non-sight finger shooters, thats more than I have ever seen in one place other than this year at Vegas.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Loks like fun. I'd like to see turnouts like that around these parts. I don't know that I could shoot one like that. 70 yards is quite a ways out there to be judging.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Loks like fun. I'd like to see turnouts like that around these parts. I don't know that I could shoot one like that. 70 yards is quite a ways out there to be judging.
    Has it been a while since you've shot a field round, Barry? Started shooting field rounds back in the mid 60's, ( Yeah, I'm that old! ) and still shoot at least one round a month. Nowhere near as good as I once was ( *&^#% eyesight! ) but still love watching that 'mystical flight of the arrow'.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so it's a field round. I was thinking 3D and 70 yards in 3D is over the top for me. I shot field back in the mid to late 70's. We shot out to 80 yards. That's why I got the two venues mixed up. IMO opinion more fun than 3D. More consistency and brain power involved. Form is verything in field shooting. In 3D you can misguess the yardage and slop one in once in a while. Besides that, depending on how good your eyes are, you can't really define a true bullseye to aim at so there's some guess work involved there, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver