Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Averege group size

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Ha-ha, WRONG!

I am still 17.
    My bad. There's a guy on archerytalk with the name flytier19. I have mistaken you for him, apparently. Bad assumption on my part.

flytier17

On AT, I am flytier18. On bowcountry, I am flytier19. On Spot-Hogg, I am flytier16.

I decided to get a new bow last year. I had just sold my Dren, because I wasn't happy with it. I had the Spot-Hogg sight, and I was 16. I have been tying flies for 9 years, and it is my greatest enthusiasm, along with archery. flytier16 was an unusual handle to go by. I turned 17. Then, I decided on, and ordered my slayer 2 weeks later. I joined the this forum as flytier17. Soon after, I joined AT, and thought it cool if I continued with flytier 18. And bcountry became 19.

I have not bothered wth AT because it is too busy to keep up with. No familiarity at all. I use the search function, but that is about it. I have not posted.

I know you on bcountry. We have shared a couple of pm's. Your sig says something about being a scuba diver as well. Interesting. I did a bit of snorkelling, and have always been interested by scuba.

So, that's me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Alec, I do dive a bit. Not near as much as I'd like. I'm totally a warm water diver and there isn't too much of that here in Pa. By warm water I mean about 77 degrees and warmer. To do that I have to travel to the tropics, which I do.

I go on group excursions with two different LDS' (local dive shop) with groups of anywhere from 6 to 24 people. We travel to such places as the Mexican Riviera, Cozumel, Roatan, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Fiji, Australia, Florida, North Carolina, Saba and others. Oh, don't forget the Mediterranian where I satrted diving back in 1969.

Also we do what is called "live-aboard" trips were we stay on the some yacht all week long and do about five dives a day, moving from dive site to dive site during lunch and during the night. This is not on a cruise ship (cattle boat), but a yacht that is rigged up for hard core diving.

I personally go on about 6 to 8 trips a year. Usually each trip is a week in duration, but when going to the Pacific it's for two weeks.

Most trips cost about $2000 per week so it does get a might expensive, but most hobbies are expensive. And fun. And yes, I have had some nice, close encounters with dangerous marine life, including sharks. But it's fun, especially in the winter.

It's not hard to get into it. Look in the yellow pages for a shop and check one or two out. See about getting certified. Once you got your cert. it's good for life anywhere in the world. Most likely there is diving done somewhere near you. We're a crazy bunch.

Like you I'm on a bunch of forums. Those you mentioned and Huntingnet.com also. I keep the same user name on all but huntingnet where I'm BGfisher. Also on Bowsite, 3Dshoots and a couple scuba forums. In other words I'm quite a busy person with the computer.

flytier17

Wow, sounds like you live an exciting life.

What's huntingnet like? Compared to bcountry. Bigger, smaller, more useful information, better or worse topics, etc...

I am thinking of joining another forum as flytier18 because I don't use AT.com, but would like another site to post on.

P.S. If you think I should change MY handle, well......., I wonder how many other people besides me assume that bfisher stands for bow-fisher!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I've been accused of it. I live only a couple miles gfrom the Susquehana River. Great for carp bowfishing, but alas, can't find the time what with all the traveling and 3D shooting.

flytier17

I will be turning my old jennings into a fishshooter soon.

What's huntingnet like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I will be turning my old jennings into a fishshooter soon.

What's huntingnet like?

I guess it's OK. There are a few guys on there that have been around a while and very knowledgeable. It does get bogged down once in a while with not much happening.

The hunting section gets it's share of "what's the best broadhead" questions. I usually don't participate too much in the hunting section. Hunting only comprises about 2 months of the year. There's just too much time during the rest of the year to be shooting, tuning, tinkering, and just learning more about equipment.

I think I've said it before. I'm not a bowhunter that shoots a few 3D's a year for hunting practice. I'm a shooter who takes a couple months a year off from shooting to hunt.

flytier17

I am about 50/50. I love to hunt, and I love to shoot. If I was forced to make a choice between bowshooting, but no hunting, or hunting, but no bow, I would give up hunting. I haven't been able to participate in any tourneys yet, but I do love to tinker.

If I was more of a hunter, I'd probably be using a biscuit. However, my wammy has yet to let me down in the bush.

I want to get a Scepter in the next few years. I wonder when the S5 is coming? I think it sucks that Colorado was dropped. I like the black platinum though. With a silver Hoggernaut.................What more can I say!

If I were to get a scepter, would you recommend Furious X or Nitreous X and why?

Post Thanks / Like

You missed the boat on the S4. I had a brand new one a few months ago and had to sell it---$600. Never fired.

What would I shoot, given a choice. I really like the Nitrous X cams for the wall, the smooth rollover and speed. But I'd say in a target set up the Furious would prevail. They just have a slightly better valley and slightly smoother feel. Of course, there's less speed, but that what you pay for an easier drawing cam.

Besides, the Nitrous cams are out of production as of now. Sometimes I can't figure Martin out. All 4 of my bows, 3 camo and 1 target colored have the Nitrous X cams on them.

I guess we'll just have to see what the Cat cams can offer, but for a target bow I'll choose a pure dual cam every time. There's just more tuning options with them.

flytier17

I feel the same about the cams. A hybrid won't have the same performance and tunability the dual has. I also will miss the "X" system on a hunting (speed) cam.

Does Rytera still offer the Nitrous?