Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Averege group size

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows? As of yet I haven't heard anything. The 2008 models will debut at the ATA show, being held this week. I wouldn't bet on the Nitrous being around. From all I've heard Martin has discontinued production of the Nitrous cams. "KAPUT". If you want a shoot through system you'll have to come up with some configuration that uses the newer Furious cam. Not as fast as the Nitrous but supposedly smoother draw and slightly longer valley with a rock-hard wall.

The S4 I sold was Furious cams. I wanted to shoot them for comparison so I got the bow. Due to health issues I never fired a shot from it.

flytier17

Was it Colorado?

Post Thanks / Like

Chameleon. I'd really like to see them come out with a "black chrome".

flytier17

That would have been my 2nd choice. I like the Black platinum this year. Whats up with the brushed platinum. Almost looks tan, or a dull silver.

I have always been an orange fanatic. When I do order my scepter, I will order it in orange. Maybe with chrome flames? And a silver Hoggernaut? What do you think of that?

Or maybe black platinum and chrome accents, silver Hoggernaut with gloss black knobs and accents, silver and black stabilizer, white and black strings, silver and black Spot-Hogg Infinity, maybe a silver overdraw?

I like to fantasize.............

The S4 you sold; Furious, or Furious X? Also, what DL range? Peak weight?What were you going to put on it?

I just get a kick out of kicking myself for what I missed. (pardon the pun, not intended)

Post Thanks / Like

The one I sold didn't have the X system. I had visions of changing it, but because I couldn't shoot it at the time I didn't see the sense.

I'm not sure about the Black Platinum. If it the same finish as on my P3?nitrousX then it'd be OK. The best color I think Martin ever had was a couple years ago. It was called Black Nickel. It was basically like chrome plating with a Nikel anodizing over the chrome----really sharp.

To each his own on color. Personally I abhor orange. It's the main reason I haven't had a gun out in almost 18 years. Got tired of fighting the "orange army" here in Pa. for a deer.

If you get a Scepter in orange I'd go with fl. orange and black strings. Go with a black riser and your string color choices are wide open.

OK, I'm an old guy and it's past my bedtime. Later

Barry

flytier17

I tried to look at the old Martin websites. There was a link off last years website to the old pages. I cannot find this on this website. I was trying to find that finish.

I also looked at some of the videos, I liked the look of the shadowcat. What were the specs on it?