Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Onza 3 centershot

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds about 20fps slow id say check cam timing.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    That sounds about 20fps slow id say check cam timing.
    Oops! didnt see the post before mine lol speed knocks make a HUGE difference they are a must that sounnds like your problem right there.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Oops! didnt see the post before mine lol speed knocks make a HUGE difference they are a must that sounnds like your problem right there.
    this is good to know, how do I know where to put them and how many, any help would be appreciated,thanks
    Onza 3,2012 Prime shift,Perrys no peepQAD,tru glo extreme.Titespot.P&Y measurer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default speed knocks

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayr View Post
    my cams are spot on as for as timing,I have no speed knocks on the string, do the originals come with speed knocks,?I can't remember
    three speed knocks at each end of the string are going gain you 6 to 8 feet per second

Post Thanks / Like

this is good to know, how do I know where to put them and how many, any help would be appreciated,thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQQOGXNzL8 That video will show you everything you need to know about timing the nitro cam.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the timing gap on my cams right, but now my ATA is 33. and my weight is 67lbs. this is a 60lb bow.If I untwist the string to get my ATA right , my gap on my cams will decrease right??
    Onza 3,2012 Prime shift,Perrys no peepQAD,tru glo extreme.Titespot.P&Y measurer.

Post Thanks / Like

The originals come with speed nocks. Crimp two brass nocksets about 1" to 1 1/2" from the cams. Then shoot it over the chrono to see what you get. Play with the distance from the cam while shooting over the chrono. Might have to add a third nockset. As for the specs, add ten twists to the string and take about five twists out of each cable. This should drop the weight and shorten the brace height. You'll have to adjust the module to get back to the present draw length (maybe 1/2" longer). Don't forget to adjust the draw stop and STS. The cams will advance a little and actually smooth out the draw cycle, too. Let us know how it goes.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

well I added the twists to the string and removed them from the cable. that definitely got my draw weight down, but it also dropped my ATA to less than 33".I also have a little bigger gap as far as cam timing.I would say it is a little more than 1/8"from string to post.should I try to get my ATA longer, and if I should, how would I do that. thanks alot fellas.
    Last edited by buckslayr; 08-13-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

well i rechecked my timing at full draw and I am about perfect. the top cam might be a skoshe advanced. but any twist of the cable will make it too much.my ATA is still 33.my brace is 7 1/4 and it maxes at 62 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

well i rechecked my timing at full draw and I am about perfect. the top cam might be a skoshe advanced. but any twist of the cable will make it too much.my ATA is still 33.my brace is 7 1/4 and it maxes at 62 lbs.
    Thats close enough to spec to not make a difference mine is 33.75 ata 62 pounds and 7.25 bh but i think my string just stretched a little when i checked it when i first got it i was right on specs.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum