Thread: Bow Tuners in Houston, Texas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bow Tuners in Houston, Texas?

I'm in need of string/cable replacement and then tuning. Can anyone recommend a good bow tuner in Houston, Texas? I've tried Prow Bow Tune but they're not accepting anymore business at this time...too busy.

2011 Shadowcat if it makes a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    I'm in need of string/cable replacement and then tuning. Can anyone recommend a good bow tuner in Houston, Texas? I've tried Prow Bow Tune but they're not accepting anymore business at this time...too busy.

2011 Shadowcat if it makes a difference.
    If you're looking for a great string and cables Hutch is the man, best I've shot. He on this site, just get a hold of him. I'm not familiar with the Shadow Cat but you can tune Martin's your self quite easily. I'm sure a few Shadow Cat owners will chime in on any tuning issue with the SC. Just look up bow tuning on YouTube and you will find all the information needed.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll keep him in mind.

I already have some strings and cables, probably should have mentioned that. I'm needing them installed then the bow tuned. I don't have access to a press so tuning myself won't be able to be done.

I know I can make a press but don't want go through the hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    Thanks, I'll keep him in mind.

I already have some strings and cables, probably should have mentioned that. I'm needing them installed then the bow tuned. I don't have access to a press so tuning myself won't be able to be done.

I know I can make a press but don't want go through the hassle.
    With my Martin's I use a portable bow press that cost about $50 bucks, you can turn the limb bolts out and almost change the string that way. Portable press just helps with installing peeps and makes it a little easier. I'm sure someone will have and answer or help for ya.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Ive replaced limbs on a AX i owned once,really dont need a press to install strings and cables........If you have the barrell nuts you can turn out limb bolts until you see a little day light.Then you should be able to replace the string and cables.
    Take measurements first,makes it easier to setup peep sight.

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up with a set of 60x threads...great set. They required a little shooting in...but very little. I'm old school and will shoot a couple hundred shots regardless. I noticed a difference in the fist 20 shots but that was about it...probably less than that.

As to tuning...had Viking archery do the tuning. I'm extremely pleased with the results...seems like a different bow. I have no idea what the speed is but the draw is smooth, I'm pulling more weight than I did before with less effort...and most important, it will robin hood all day long (too bad I can't).

Funny thing is...the other day I was shooting fingers off my prong rest setup for release (hitting in the same group as the release)

Thumbs up to Scott at Viking.

Can't wait til I'm good enough to fine tune with Scott.