Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengal draw length - 30 or 29.5?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal draw length - 30 or 29.5?

Hi everyone. I just got a used '08 Bengal in great shape for a great price from a relative. I was told it has a 30" draw. That would coincide with the F7 module. What I am wondering, though, is when reading the book it says the #2 peg reduces the length by a half inch. The cable on my bow is on the #2 peg. Does this mean that the draw length is actually 29.5"? If so, that would actually be better for me. If I got an F6 module would that then make it 28.5"? As it stands it actually doesn't feel too long for me, even though the "divide by 2.5" guideline says my draw length is 28".

Post Thanks / Like

An F6 should make it 28.5 on the #2 peg. Might give that a try, and see how it feels. I know I used to try to shoot too long of a draw. Shortened it up by about an inch, and now I'm much more accurate..
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal draw length-30 or 29.5"

I have a 2008 Bengal with the MPro cam.This model does no have an F6 module.The F5 module is 29".In 2008 the MOAB was the bow with an F6 module and MPro cam.

Post Thanks / Like

Look, the only way to know what the draw length really is is to physically measure it. No matter what module the charts call for it can vary depending on how much the string and cables are twisted and whether they are twisted to spec. It has been my experience that most bows draw as much as an inch longer than what they should, so measure it and know for sure.

Also, although you have been measured for what should be a correct draw length don't let that sway you from playing around with it to see what works best. The best way to tell what draw length fits you is to see how solid a bow holds and aims, but if anything err on the short side. Never go longer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I found the module pack in the Martin store and will give those a try.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I found the module pack in the Martin store and will give those a try.
    Jay try eBay for the mods they are cheaper.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Jay try eBay for the mods they are cheaper.

Hutch
    Thanks for the tip. I hadn't really thought about eBay, as I've never used it. I've never really been comfortable with it. I might have to make an exception, though. I didn't think the price was too bad for the module pack in the Martin store. When I added them to the cart it said shipping was $9. That kind of surprised me. I'm kind of leaning towards an F5 since the cable is on the 2 peg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I hadn't really thought about eBay, as I've never used it. I've never really been comfortable with it. I might have to make an exception, though. I didn't think the price was too bad for the module pack in the Martin store. When I added them to the cart it said shipping was $9. That kind of surprised me. I'm kind of leaning towards an F5 since the cable is on the 2 peg.
    If you do go the ebay route, be carfull of the shipping. A lot of ebay sellers sell at what seems a really low price till you add shipping, sometimes worse than the $9 Martin store shipping.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    If you do go the ebay route, be carfull of the shipping. A lot of ebay sellers sell at what seems a really low price till you add shipping, sometimes worse than the $9 Martin store shipping.
    I have noticed that before with eBay. I do like to browse eBay every now and then. I always try to buy from sites that have free shipping. I honestly don't remember what the last thing I bought was that had a shipping charge.

Post Thanks / Like

The shipping issue is the amnin reason I don't even look at EBay any more. Till ya tak on the shipping youy could have gotten them at retail in most cases. When I want something I just look on Amazon.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver