Thread: CCS cable routing

Post Thanks / Like

Default CCS cable routing

I'm giving Martin/Rytera a try again, and have picked up 2 new oldstock '09 models. These are a Firecat with Cat 2 cams and a Alien X with Hybrix cams. Is there a specific/proper cable routing through the CCS? And is it the same, or different on these 2 bows?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Same,basicly same cam//////////
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. The two bows had the control cables routed differently, inside/outside, etc. The Alien just felt better, both shot well. I was wondering if it was just the limb difference, Barnsdale vs. in house. But after reading your response, I moved cable positions on the Firecat to match the Alien's. I'll play with it later this week and see if if feels or performs differently.

WW

Post Thanks / Like

The down cable should be routed through the outer roller on both bows. Both the Cat and Hybrix are a slaved 3 track style cam but they have a completely different feel, the Cat loads up more gradually at the front end of the draw cycle and peaks just before the valley where the Hybrix loads up much earlier in the draw cycle and holds peak weight longer before dropping into the valley.

I owned both the Firecat and AX in 09, and while I liked the FC really well, I still have the AX as I prefered the draw cycle a little better. The speed out of both bows setup identical was really close, but the AX just felt a little better to me. Some people prefered the more gradual build to peak weight of the Cat cams though. They are both excellent choices.

Advantage Custom Strings