Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sir, hope to go out this afternoon to try it again. Hopefully I'll have a better shot at bringing home some venison since I dispatched one of those diablos (see above) yesterday. They are persistent if nothing else.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice trophy, song dogs are tough to get a bow shot on!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

This was a young one that knew he screwed up the second he did it. Came out from behind a thicket and turned tail. Went in his left rear flank and must have hit a bone because it went about 4 1/2 - 5 inches in and stopped. Ran off and couldn't find him so I'm out an arrow and a broadhead. I do luck up every once in a while, thanks for the congrats though.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Barnett Jackal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Arrow View Post
    This was a young one that knew he screwed up the second he did it. Came out from behind a thicket and turned tail. Went in his left rear flank and must have hit a bone because it went about 4 1/2 - 5 inches in and stopped. Ran off and couldn't find him so I'm out an arrow and a broadhead. I do luck up every once in a while, thanks for the congrats though.
    Take note of where you see the cleanup crew working, watch for buzzard action, you might find your arrow and that coyote skull yet. Although the rest of the pack is'nt above eating the remains either. Wishing you all the luck in finding both, and by the way, thanks for removing another deer/fawn eater from the eco-system, you've perpetated untold generations of deer, just by taking out that one yote and it's prodigy out.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 08-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

You're right about that, they'll take down a fawn or livestock in a second. Have to put fence around my hives to keep them from getting too close. The man that raises goats down the road from me keeps his 12 ga at the ready just for them. The state has talked about bringing in sterilized wolves with tracking collars on them to take care of the coyotes. I already have to watch out for gators, snakes, feral hogs, panthers, bears, spiders, hornets and not to mention walking up on someone either growing weed or running a still. So wolves I'm not so sure about.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Barnett Jackal

Post Thanks / Like

You're right about that, they'll take down a fawn or livestock in a second. Have to put fence around my hives to keep them from getting too close. The man that raises goats down the road from me keeps his 12 ga at the ready just for them. The state has talked about bringing in sterilized wolves with tracking collars on them to take care of the coyotes. I already have to watch out for gators, snakes, feral hogs, panthers, bears, spiders, hornets and not to mention walking up on someone either growing weed or running a still. So wolves I'm not so sure about.
    Gettin kinda busy in your neck of the woods! I would'nt be too happy about the wolves, much rather see more predator hunting take place than introduce more predators!

Post Thanks / Like

Wolves? Really? That is the dumbest idea I have heard of all day but I have ony been up for 30 minutes. I use a themacell too but question their odorless claim, what do you think? I mean i can smell the thing so the deer should too.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    Wolves? Really? That is the dumbest idea I have heard of all day but I have ony been up for 30 minutes. I use a themacell too but question their odorless claim, what do you think? I mean i can smell the thing so the deer should too.
    Well brother you have to remember that I live in the state with the stupidest politicians on Earth. Mark Sanford, Alvin Green, Nikki Haley, David Beasley, etc... As far as Thermacell, my nose isn't very good (sinuses) but have you tried the Thermascent stuff? Haven't heard much about it.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Barnett Jackal

Post Thanks / Like

I have some I got for $9 on sale but took the pad holer off so iI could use it to have multiple skeeter chasers around the yard/pool.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you have enough predators, you need more.LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com