Thread: Nock height?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nock height?

On the '09 Firecat with Cat 2 cams, I'm a little confused. I had a Trophy Taker Smackdown installed, arrow was pretty close to level to get a bullet hole through paper and good arrow flight. I decided to install the whisker biscuit with the Martin lockbar attachment and things changed. I'm shooting off the string, with a trufire cushion button below the arrow. In order to get a bullet hole and good arrow flight, the top of the nock is approximately 1/2 inch above the level position.

It's shooting great, but I can't help but wonder if I have something adjusted improperly. The cams seem to be in proper adjustment. Am I missing something, or is this normal?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited by wannawhitetail; 08-24-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

Imo it is fletching interference with the whisker bisket ???
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

WB's do seem to tune out nock high on the string..

Post Thanks / Like

I took some more shots this morning, shots were excellent, paper was perfect, but the way the arrow sat at rest bugged me. I put the TT Smackdown back on, level is good, arrow flight is perfect. I have not used whisker biscuits, but thought with the lock mount it would be a simple, care free install. I had originally picked the bow up for someone else, but now I plan to hunt with it. It just confuses me as to why such a drastic difference in nock height.
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannawhitetail View Post
    I took some more shots this morning, shots were excellent, paper was perfect, but the way the arrow sat at rest bugged me. I put the TT Smackdown back on, level is good, arrow flight is perfect. I have not used whisker biscuits, but thought with the lock mount it would be a simple, care free install. I had originally picked the bow up for someone else, but now I plan to hunt with it. It just confuses me as to why such a drastic difference in nock height.
    I was talking with my Dad about your problem (he used to use one), and he thinks that the WB was not parallel with the string. This would cause your poor arrow flight, so when you raised your nocking point it would shoot well.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com