Thread: Still waiting............

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still waiting............

So my firehawk gets a top crack right At the fork,,,im so lucky,,,,,this is the bow i got when i traded in the xforce.....well after 3 weeks dealer gets parts and axles are to long.Ok im upset but hey it's martin CS right..........week four rolls around dealer gets new axles puts it together to find out that the string and cables wont fit..........ok now im pretty pissed.i just hope week five gets this done and i hope martin CS gets it's %^^ together.
    Ive alway defended martin when other people have complained but no more.I dont know who controls what goes out but that department needs to be reworked in a big way...........Theres more to this story but this is the core of it.................Ok venting over i hope......

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using the same cams, why won't the strings and cables fit? I know when I have had to send older bows back for new limbs, I always get the new limbs, and new cams, etc. Kinda ruined a Firecat for me. I LOVED the Cat Cams. Only reason I bought the '08 Firecat. Got it back with Nitro cams. I know there's not much difference, but I don't like them as much as the Cat's.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just giving Martin/Rytera another try, so I'm trying to keep an open mind. You may have done it, but be sure credit is given to the proper party for the delays etc. My experience, with another company, ended up being all on the dealership - after 3 + weeks. I would have blamed the delays and improper parts on the company if one of the shop employees wouldn't have told me the real story. Many things were taking place on the dealers end.

But hopefully, if it is a CS issue at Martin, they will work on clear and accurate communication and repairs. I sent in modules for the X I picked up, so I will see how things work out on my end. I'm happy, so far, with the bows. But I was a little set back that the modules on the X made it past QC. I stopped at the shop today and looked at others they had, all mods on those bows were good, so 1 out of ? at this shop - it's a test I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    If you are using the same cams, why won't the strings and cables fit? I know when I have had to send older bows back for new limbs, I always get the new limbs, and new cams, etc. Kinda ruined a Firecat for me. I LOVED the Cat Cams. Only reason I bought the '08 Firecat. Got it back with Nitro cams. I know there's not much difference, but I don't like them as much as the Cat's.
    They sent a upgrade kit which includes new limb pockets,limbs,nitro cams,axles,string and cables.Nobody spent the time to see if parts would go together,very frustrating.......

Post Thanks / Like

In that case, I can totally understand your frustration. CS has made a few mistakes with me, but overall, they are still one of the best I have ever dealt with. Good enough to keep me coming back. I think their main problem is they might be slightly understaffed in CS.
    BSD strings and cables

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    In that case, I can totally understand your frustration. CS has made a few mistakes with me, but overall, they are still one of the best I have ever dealt with. Good enough to keep me coming back. I think their main problem is they might be slightly understaffed in CS.
    I kinda agree too,people in whatever department sends parts out might not be trained in what makes a bow work.They get a work order to send parts out but nobody checks them to see if there right ones.....

Also the reason i got this bow was cat cams.....hope i like them time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

The 2010 Warthog I bought has the Cat Cams. They cracked the top limb as well. I was dead set on keeping the Cat cams this time, so I ended up ordering a new set of limbs from Barnsdale. The 2010 Cat cams apparently had the newer bearings in them, so they fit the new PT limb spacing. I threw the limbs from my 2011 Alien X on the Warthog to see what poundage they would give me, and the Cat cams fit just perfectly. Then Barnsdale just had to figure what limbs he had to make to give me 70# limbs. Said he'd never made that heavy of a limb for a Martin before. lol It's got #85's on it now. The Alien limbs were #115. Cost me $150, but I got to keep the Cat's. lol
    BSD strings and cables