Thread: Aluminum Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aluminum Arrows

Well I think its time for some new arrows. I shoot Easton FatBoys now but wanna go back to aluminum, i was wondering if anybody still shoots metal instead of carbon and if anybody has an opinion on the easton x7 eclipse arrows?
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Ai'nt nothin wrong with aluminum arrows. They're just heavy, but thats a good thing when they get to the quarry animal, will give you maximum penetration, Heck, for years we all shot aluminum out of recurves, thinking that they where the shizzel, and they where the best arrow avaible, back in the sixtys, when I started, Only problem they have is that they can be bent, also can be straightened, as long as the arrow has no kinks in it. Your arrow flight will be slower and you'll have more arch in your arrow path. Just wondering, do you suppose that is why its called archery? LOL
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Ai'nt nothin wrong with aluminum arrows. They're just heavy, but thats a good thing when they get to the quarry animal, will give you maximum penetration, Heck, for years we all shot aluminum out of recurves, thinking that they where the shizzel, and they where the best arrow avaible, back in the sixtys, when I started, Only problem they have is that they can be bent, also can be straightened, as long as the arrow has no kinks in it. Your arrow flight will be slower and you'll have more arch in your arrow path. Just wondering, do you suppose that is why its called archery? LOL
    Ya I used aluminums for awhile and I had great flight and another bonus is you can buy 2 dozen aluminums for the price of one dozen carbon
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

WW, I've been using 2213 X7,s for years for 3d and for indoor shoots, and I love the way they group and the line cutting size. Ya you do bend some up but you can't put a price on fun! I hunt with carbon. Give em a try I think you will be satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell ya something to try, especially if you're a 3D shooter. Shoot one of your Fatboys into a McKenzie. Then shoot an Aluminum. See which one pulls the easiest.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Tell ya something to try, especially if you're a 3D shooter. Shoot one of your Fatboys into a McKenzie. Then shoot an Aluminum. See which one pulls the easiest.
    That is another plus the aluminums are a lot easier to pull then any carbon arrows.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

been shooting 2215's for several years now. i love aluminum! i shoot them for hunting, 3d and indoor. low cost and great quality.

heath

Post Thanks / Like

plus they make neat patterns when you group shoot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha well the onza should be back home at the end of this week or early next week. All winter ill be giving it an accessory make over and i will be picking up some new sticks for next 3d season.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot both and have shot the same 2315's for many years now just love beating up on my uni bushings.. heck they even shoot with dents and creases.. so long as they are stright that is
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/