Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darton Bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Darton Bows

Well i was at the r100 shoot in michigan this weekend and won the steel challenge and have a free darton bow on the way to my house as we speak!! Anybody have experience with Darton bows? This works out great cause it gives me something to play with when my onza is on its way to washington.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I shot Dartons a few years ago........the bows they are making today are very fast, nice bows!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I shot Dartons a few years ago........the bows they are making today are very fast, nice bows!
    Ya i shot one at there booth and it had a little vibration and a hard drawing cam but it definatly was fast and accurate.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

They do have some shock but it can be controled..........Im sure you will like it. Not sure what rest you put on it but try a QAD ........goes with the bow well.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    They do have some shock but it can be controled..........Im sure you will like it. Not sure what rest you put on it but try a QAD ........goes with the bow well.
    Sweet thats what i have layin around at the moment off of the onza.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

They are nice, they are fast. I had a personal problem with the draw cycle, felt fine, but issues arose. I had an AS100, 55 lbs, and something in my upper arm got strained or something. Switched to another bow, it went away. A couple of weeks later, picked up the Darton, issue came back. Sold it.

A few months later I picked up a DS 2500, I think. Loved it, but the same pain returned. All I can figure is that something about the draw cycle, or how I draw just didn't work with them. I've never experienced the same strain before or since. Great bows, but they didn't like me.

Which model did you win?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannawhitetail View Post
    They are nice, they are fast. I had a personal problem with the draw cycle, felt fine, but issues arose. I had an AS100, 55 lbs, and something in my upper arm got strained or something. Switched to another bow, it went away. A couple of weeks later, picked up the Darton, issue came back. Sold it.

A few months later I picked up a DS 2500, I think. Loved it, but the same pain returned. All I can figure is that something about the draw cycle, or how I draw just didn't work with them. I've never experienced the same strain before or since. Great bows, but they didn't like me.

Which model did you win?
    Im not sure yet its a suprise But from what ive heard its gonna be a new older model they asked me what draw length and weight i wanted i figure i wouldnt ask what kind it was to keep the suspense up a little but its being shipped from here in michigan so it should arive this week i would think. Scott from darton called me early this morning to verify what dw and dl i wanted cause he wanted to get the bow out asap!
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned a mavrick,pro 3000 & 3500 draw cycle is stiffer, short valley & a bigger grip they are fast and are one bow that is close to ibo speeds out of the box
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Love my Darton, have had it since 1972, still looks as good as the night I got her! Of course I'm talking about a 60" 48# @ 28" Darton Fury recurve.

http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Love my Darton, have had it since 1972, still looks as good as the night I got her! Of course I'm talking about a Darton Fury recurve.

I wouldnt mind a new stick and string but i dont think thats whats gonna show up at my door lol!
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum