Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darton Bows

Post Thanks / Like

Checked out their lineup on their site. Have some nice looking and appear to be fast bows ... but a 5" BH! That seems a little extreme no?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i have a Pro 3000

darton pro3000#1.jpgWelcome to Darton.............
    like martin, darton has great customer service.

I have a 09 - darton pro 3000 in 60lb limbs and it's wicked fast for a 60lb with 27.5 dl.....
    I went to more of a speed bow but went with a 50-60lb limbed bow...and it's still faster than what i was shooting (bengal and black ice) at almost 70lbs....
    i just asked myself why i'm killing myself trying to pull so much.

One thing with darton..........their bows will shoot IBO out of the box.
    they stay in tune.....there fast, quiet and virtually vibe free, they do have a nice grip as well.
    The cams are very smooth and basically hard to beat in the archery industry.
    They really never have limb problems or really anything else, just really solid shooting bows.

If i could find a firecat in 60lb limbs at 27-28 dl, and that can shoot my 360 grain arrows between 290-300 fps............then i would gladly come back to Martin......
    But for now i'm very happy at being back with Darton.
    Ted's always treated me well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    darton pro3000#1.jpgWelcome to Darton.............
    like martin, darton has great customer service.

I have a 09 - darton pro 3000 in 60lb limbs and it's wicked fast for a 60lb with 27.5 dl.....
    I went to more of a speed bow but went with a 50-60lb limbed bow...and it's still faster than what i was shooting (bengal and black ice) at almost 70lbs....
    i just asked myself why i'm killing myself trying to pull so much.

One thing with darton..........their bows will shoot IBO out of the box.
    they stay in tune.....there fast, quiet and virtually vibe free, they do have a nice grip as well.
    The cams are very smooth and basically hard to beat in the archery industry.
    They really never have limb problems or really anything else, just really solid shooting bows.

If i could find a firecat in 60lb limbs at 27-28 dl, and that can shoot my 360 grain arrows between 290-300 fps............then i would gladly come back to Martin......
    But for now i'm very happy at being back with Darton.
    Ted's always treated me well.
    How are they as far as tuning and getting them set up? Pretty straight forward?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ya Ted was very nice and helping people without darton bows, and i shot their 5 inch bh bow at there booth, it was 70 pounds i usually shoot around 60-65 and i pulled it back it had a very stiff draw, and as soon as i hit the back wall i went to relax and it almost ripped my arm out of the socket lol so if that bow happens to show up at my door, ill throw it up for sale not that it didnt shoot good i just dont like speed bows with under a 6 1/2in bh. Either way a free bow is a free bow and you cant beat em for the price i just hope its something i enjoy shooting and can keep in my lineup of bows. As i look through their bows i see some awesome speeds out of their longer bh bows, other then their speed bow i shot one other i enjoyed shooting it was a little shorter a2a i believe it was the ds 2800 it was a real shooter but the guys were busy and couldnt tell me much about any of the bows i was trying out.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Ya Ted was very nice and helping people without darton bows, and i shot their 5 inch bh bow at there booth, it was 70 pounds i usually shoot around 60-65 and i pulled it back it had a very stiff draw, and as soon as i hit the back wall i went to relax and it almost ripped my arm out of the socket lol so if that bow happens to show up at my door, ill throw it up for sale not that it didnt shoot good i just dont like speed bows with under a 6 1/2in bh. Either way a free bow is a free bow and you cant beat em for the price i just hope its something i enjoy shooting and can keep in my lineup of bows. As i look through their bows i see some awesome speeds out of their longer bh bows, other then their speed bow i shot one other i enjoyed shooting it was a little shorter a2a i believe it was the ds 2800 it was a real shooter but the guys were busy and couldnt tell me much about any of the bows i was trying out.
    I sure hear ya about the free bow thing, a few weeks ago through a sponcer I aguired a Strothers Wrath.......this is one sweet rig ! If any of you get a chance to shoot one go for it, very nice bow! Still shooting the Pantera also , I've got some big plans for it this winter.......gonna be getting in touch with Hutch for sure !
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

The Suspense was killing me, so i had to make the phone call to darton to find out more info on the bow i won. The bow i have coming in the mail is a darton pro 3500, dont know much about this bow looked it up online still looking for the specs on the bow i seen pictures and its a nice looking bow! should be here within the next two days!!!
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

the 3500 was a little thiner grip than most of the other dartons but take the grips off and sand the back side off the side plates on a flat surface if 220 sand paper just alttle will make a big differance
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    How are they as far as tuning and getting them set up? Pretty straight forward?
    X2 on this
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    the 3500 was a little thiner grip than most of the other dartons but take the grips off and sand the back side off the side plates on a flat surface if 220 sand paper just alttle will make a big differance
    Great info thanks!!
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

I took a look at Darton's 2010 catalog. It shows the pro3500s as a nice looking, dual cam bow. It lists the stats as:
    DW 50,60, or 70#
    DL 25"-30"
    ATA 33 13/16"
    BH 6''
    weight 4.1 lbs
    let off 75%
    Speed 338-343 fps
    Looks to be a fast bow. About the same class as the onza, just a little shy on the bh. Congrats on the new bow. Remember to post pics!
    Last edited by Skbengal; 08-21-2012 at 08:08 PM.