Thread: Arrow review: Victory / high velocity (HV)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Arrow review: Victory / high velocity (HV)

I mentioned a while back that I had recently purchased a dozen of these and some mentioned that they were interested in a review so here it is.

First and foremost, I should say that these arrows fit my bow settings perfectly. So it's no surprise they worked out well.

Having said that, I believe I have discovered my "go to" arrows.

The weight to spine ratio is pretty low when I compare them to some of the more popular brands (6.7 gr/inch for 350 spine, 6.2 for the 400), consequently they are FAST. Speed isn't my main concern but I immediately noticed a difference and so did my entourage. I was shooting some easton's (got 6 of those to hold me over until I got the HV's) and was testing out the fletchings I put on the HV's and it was clear that the HV's had a noticeable FPS difference. The fact we were able to tell just by observation is telling.

I also appreciated the difference in the finish of the arrow where the fletchings are glued on. They left a "rougher" finish at the end to get better glue contact, a nice attention to detail.

Very accurate, more so then any other arrow I have tried on my new Scepter and lets be honest, accuracy is more important than speed, at least IMO. We had a small friendly tourney during a recent camping trip and using these, I won. In fact my performance surprised me. I shoot finger, instinctive so there are good days and bad days and although this was a good day.... I'll be damned if these babies didn't have something to do with it.

I don't have a scale or any equipment to verify the straightness or weight from arrow to arrow so this is all observation but you could do worse than buying these.

I haven't been shooting them long so I can't speak to longevity but as I stated above. The next arrows I buy will most likely be Victory HV's.

Cheers!
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

I've shot Victorys for several years. Can't say a bad thing about them. Only problem I have ever had was taken care of immediately by the company. No questions, just "Let me send you something else to try, on us of course." I haven't shot the HV's, but if they are anything like the rest of Victory's line, they have got to be good.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I also shoot the hv's no problems here, but I think there spine is a little off I was shooting black hawk vapors 4000's a 400 spine arrow and it's stiffer than a victory 400 spine arrow I had to jump up to a 350 in the victory's still like the arrows
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    I also shoot the hv's no problems here, but I think there spine is a little off I was shooting black hawk vapors 4000's a 400 spine arrow and it's stiffer than a victory 400 spine arrow I had to jump up to a 350 in the victory's still like the arrows
    How do you know the spine is different? Did you actually use a spine tester to check them or just seat-o-the-pants tuning? Reason I ask is that I do have a spine tester and have access to a couple shafts to test them. I am thinking of getting some VAPs in a 700 spine and target points for 3D.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I had some of the victory 400's and also still have blackhawks the blackhawks 4000 group better same lenght same fletching now the victory 350's will group the same as the 4000's I'm just shooting the hv's for the extra speed I still have 5 dozen of the blackhawks because you can find them any more. also I can see it in my paper tuning.
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER