Thread: i did it

navaman

Default i did it

tonight i got a bow. a friend of mine from church sold me an orion (it says magnum on one of the limbs) i also got a magnum44 case and a dozen arrows. i'd like to take it to the shop tommorrow and get it fitted to me and get some more info on it but i got to out of town for work. can anybody tell me a little about this bow? it does have a dyna cam but i don't know much else about it.looking forward to hearing from you guys.

dbd870

Thumbs up

The specs on a 2005 with magnum limbs and the dynacam are as follows:
    Brace Height: 7.5"
    ATA: 32.75"
    IBO Speed: 300fps

Not a speedster by 2008 standards but good BH and ~33" ATA very common. Should make a good hunting bow.

Post Thanks / Like

And the magnum designation means it has Magnum limbs on it which are presently 14" limbs. Used to be 16". I don't know what year they made the change.

flytier17

From the looks of it the Dyna-Cam is more of an energy-storing speed cam. How does it compare to the M-Pro in speed, draw cycle, nock travel, and tunability. Do they use the same Idler? From the stats in the tuning sheets, it has a large timing window. How is the M-Pro in ths respect? Can different size idlers be obtained for different draw lengths to obtain optimum effiency and nock travel?

navaman

wow! nock travel, tuning, timing, idler wheels,etc. etc. your world of compound bow archery sounds so complicated i wonder if i'll ever learn as much as i need to to become proficient in your world of very exciting bow hunting. at least my recurve crossbow is very simple for a simple man like me.286 actual feet per second and one of the biggest problems i could encounter on hunting grounds would be a blown up string which i could remedy real quick. but i'm not complaining. i just see that moving into this type of archery will be challenging but i'll get it even it takes a long time. i always see things through especially when it's for something as great as this sport.
    Last edited by navaman; 01-10-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: grammer

Post Thanks / Like

Compound bows in gernal are not as complicated as people think. Even with all the technical jagon they are just simple machines. And there are those of us who really enjoy tinkering with them and learning how to get the most out of them.

Whether it's a single cam, dual, cam, binary, or hybrid makes little difference. They all do the same thing; store energy and propel an arrow.

FYI, one of the best guides you can get is the Tuning Guide, a free download from www.eastonarchery.com.

It explains just about everything you'll ever need to know for basic setups and several methods of tuning for optimum arrow flight.

navaman

Smile

i'm about to go that website but I wanted to thank you first. you've always been a big help to me. thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by navaman View Post
    i'm about to go that website but I wanted to thank you first. you've always been a big help to me. thanks again.
    C'mon back any time. I'm on here a couple times a day.

saurabh

Default Real Estate India & Properties - Sell Buy Rent Commercial n Residential Property with

India's real estate portal to Buy Sell Rent Lease residential and commercial properties in India like houses, flats, shops, apartments.

www.sapphirelandbase.com