Thread: Martin Cougar FC

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Cougar FC

Hi Everyone. Haven't seen much of comments on this bow. Shot it a while back and it was pretty nice, seemed quite fast. Maybe just a bit loud. Anyone who shot/owns a Cougar fc care to share some comments on this bow please? Thanks
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deserthuntr View Post
    Hi Everyone. Haven't seen much of comments on this bow. Shot it a while back and it was pretty nice, seemed quite fast. Maybe just a bit loud. Anyone who shot/owns a Cougar fc care to share some comments on this bow please? Thanks
    I purchased a Cougar FC w/ the Fury Cam and it was a little too harsh for me. The bow shot great but I prefer the longer ATA, I'm currently shooting a 2012 Pantera and Onza. I do have the Fire Cat 400 with Nitro and it's a fast and very accurate bow (good blind and or tree stand bow). The Pantera is still #1 with me. If you use some limb savers and a quality stabilizer the shock and noise should be at a minimal. Don't get me wrong it was a great bow but just didn't fit my shooting style and feel. The Skull camo was very good. I'm gone wait it out to see what come out for 2013 for Martin. Hope this helps.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    I purchased a Cougar FC w/ the Fury Cam and it was a little too harsh for me. The bow shot great but I prefer the longer ATA, I'm currently shooting a 2012 Pantera and Onza. I do have the Fire Cat 400 with Nitro and it's a fast and very accurate bow (good blind and or tree stand bow). The Pantera is still #1 with me. If you use some limb savers and a quality stabilizer the shock and noise should be at a minimal. Don't get me wrong it was a great bow but just didn't fit my shooting style and feel. The Skull camo was very good. I'm gone wait it out to see what come out for 2013 for Martin. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Tozi. I was actually looking at the Nitrous cams, don't like the Fury cam on the Cougar.
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deserthuntr View Post
    Thanks Tozi. I was actually looking at the Nitrous cams, don't like the Fury cam on the Cougar.
    If you are getting a Cougar or looking one, the Nitros are the only way to go imo. Why limit yourself.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff