Thread: Need help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help!

Ok, I'll be the first to come forward. My name is Eric, and I'm an addict. I can't pass up a good deal on a bow. As most of you know, Arrow Splitter is getting a new bow from me. It shipped out Monday. Today, I replaced it with 2 more bows. Should have them end of next week. Thank God I am single and don't have to explain my problem to a wife. lol Most women just don't understand that empty feeling you get when one bow gets away from you. One another note, I'll probably have a bow for sale in a couple weeks.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Ok, I'll be the first to come forward. My name is Eric, and I'm an addict. I can't pass up a good deal on a bow. As most of you know, Arrow Splitter is getting a new bow from me. It shipped out Monday. Today, I replaced it with 2 more bows. Should have them end of next week. Thank God I am single and don't have to explain my problem to a wife. lol Most women just don't understand that empty feeling you get when one bow gets away from you. One another note, I'll probably have a bow for sale in a couple weeks.
    LOL Remember, pics or it never happened! Please tell me at least one is a Martin?

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

If I could keep everything the same and not have to worry about that, I'd be stoked! My problem is what I want to try to purchase next. Really wanting to get a new mobile hunting set-up so that is probably first. After that I'd really put some thought into another bow ... just because I wouldn't mind having another, but the Bengal is just so darn nice, it's hard to put it down. Really like to build an AR also to use for Coyotes ... choices choices.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    If I could keep everything the same and not have to worry about that, I'd be stoked! My problem is what I want to try to purchase next. Really wanting to get a new mobile hunting set-up so that is probably first. After that I'd really put some thought into another bow ... just because I wouldn't mind having another, but the Bengal is just so darn nice, it's hard to put it down. Really like to build an AR also to use for Coyotes ... choices choices.
    The deer herd in your hunting area would prosper if you built the AR. In an area with coyotes, deer fawn survival rates are about 10%.Fewer songdogs=more deer.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain, Ive aquired 3 this year alone the latest one was just 3 weeks ago.............oh and Im married so I do have to answer to the wife!!...............
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    The deer herd in your hunting area would prosper if you built the AR. In an area with coyotes, deer fawn survival rates are about 10%.Fewer songdogs=more deer.
    That is the main reason for it. We have been seeing a lot more lately ... big bastiches too! Had one come in within range, right where I popped a doe, but didn't clear the shooting lane so I never got a chance at him. I know they will be around this fall and we have been seeing more each season so I'm hoping to get a stick in one of them. Then it will be .223 rounds in the future.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

you have more bows than some small archery shops
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    you have more bows than some small archery shops
    LOL Now that's a good one.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'm one of the lucky Joes. I was shootin before I met my wife 37 years ago and she has never given me any grief about my archery purchases. Now that I'm older I have so much STUFF that I have very little need of any more and what I do have is good enough to get me through the rest of my life. There are always some changes that occur with equipment, but it really isn't a much as some of the younger people tout.

Probably the only thing I need t chane right now is to get lighter spined arrows. I'm shooting a 500 spine. I have GT UL600, but even they tune too stiff for my setup. Test shows that I should be shooting closer to a 700-730 spine, but I'm too cheap to go buy them. There aren't too many brands with a 700 spine that fit my budget-----FREE, but I'm taking a close look at the Victory VAP with 80 grain target points.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver