Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coin Shooting, metal detecting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coin Shooting, metal detecting.

I was out the the CRP field the other day and picked up a lot of trash. Parts from tractors, cars, Old Shotgun casing..the metal part, Some fence line. I was out looking for some arrows with Bh's I wasn't able to recover after last seasons hunt. I actually found a piece of the Carbon shaft and did a circle out search with the metal detector...it's tough trying to detect in and around brush. I never did recover them after two searches. I have found coin in my own yard but it was modern coins. Today I went out to the side yard for some searching. I ended up finding an arrow I lost in the ground a good 4-5 years ago. I also found either a traditional head FP or a Crossbow point. I'm not sure though as I don't use wood arrow shafts or glue on points. I love metal detecting. I do need to upgrade the detector though. I really like the Garrett AT Pro.
    I'm still praying for a lost gold Cache!.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly need to get one and go scan the archery range at the state park ... I don't know if it was there or somewhere in my house that I ... "misplaced" my wedding band. Have another that we originally bought, but my wife decided to pick up another one for some reason before the wedding.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you check the laws out for your area. Some states have some crazy hardline laws against metal detecting. I am able to detect at some state parks but I have to fill out an registration form and when given approval i can stay in the area's for detecting only. I wanted to search the shoreline on Lake Roosevelt so i called up the NPS for more info. they told me I cannot and it's illegal. 10,000 dollar fine. just be safe and ask someone first.

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I honestly need to get one and go scan the archery range at the state park ... I don't know if it was there or somewhere in my house that I ... "misplaced" my wedding band. Have another that we originally bought, but my wife decided to pick up another one for some reason before the wedding.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to give it a try just don't wanna go to jail. What ever hapened to finders keepers and possession being 9/10ths? States,counties and cities just don't want us to have fun and take "their" money. BTW take a look @ a show called "Diggers" its about detecting, kind of cool.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Dude, I salute your wife because if I lost mine it would be hazardous for my continued breathing.
    Martin Jaguar #50
    GT Arrows
    Muzzy Phantoms
    Bowsight: Left Index Finger
    E.W. Bateman Cordovan Tab
    Barnett Jackal

The only failure that is disgraceful is the failure to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Metal Detecting

They are great to have ! Throw them in the truck when you go hunting
    I found my knife I lost , arrows that got away and I paid for eight machines
    with the coins and rings I've found .

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a metal detector out to my club the other day. My purpose was to find some arrows I lost several years ago. One was an ACC. As luck would have it I found 5 arrows---none of them mine. How come that always happens?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been wanting to get one for years..........maybe Santa will drop one off this year!!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

This detecting is getting addicting. Every time I hear a loud ping sound I'm down on the ground digging. Most of the time its trash...nails, brass from shotgun shells, metal parts from cars,farm equipments, barbwire. My son found some coins in the side yard but they were new probably change that fell out of my pockets. lol. I think my son found a new hobby. I do need to upgrade. I asked my wife to get me one of those droid tablets for Christmas but now I just asked her to about a Garrett AT Pro metal detector. This is is weather proof. I've chatted with the in emails late at night and seems to be a great guy. This machine will tell you if its a coin or not. my machine is old and won't do that.

http://bigboyshobbies.net/shop/garre...etal-detector/
    Last edited by Double S; 08-25-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy bat poop! I just remembered that my mom has one that is 7 years old and never been used. I wonder.......just might have to ask her.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)