Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight Hang-On

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to decide if 3lbs more is worth $20 less ... someone please chime in here. Logic says save the money for something else useful, but the brain sees 3 more pounds to carry around ...
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

That all depends on where the addiopnal 3 lbs comes from, its is because the treestand is just that much larger, bigger seating, more deck, addional strength?.......... Then whats 3 lbs, my handgun weighs that much. Which treestand will be comfortable enough for you to sit on maybe all day?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Wifey pulled an awesome gift and got the Bone Collector (Ameristep Avenger) stand combo for me on xmas. It is the stand and a set of their steel rapid rails. The rails will eventually be replaced by a set of LW sticks to cut some weight and add some extra climbing height.

Have to say, very surprised by the stand. The platform is significantly larger than I was expecting it to be and it is indeed a very lightweight stand! Strapped the ladders to the stand and put it on the scale and came in roughly 26# so I'm hoping to shave a few off of that with the LW sticks, ideally should be around 10-11ish for a set of 4. Hoping to get as close to 20# total weight as I can.

Looking forward to getting out and setting it up and seeing how much I like it over the climber I have. Would recommend the stand for sure and with the deal Walmart is running, it's hard to beat a stand and ladders for under $100
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff