Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well having some issues....tuning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well having some issues....tuning

So I have a Alien Z RH 60 lber. I have been struggling to get it paper tuned and to get it broadheaded tuned for hunting season. I was using 350 trophy ridge crushes arrows cut a 29 in. They were tearing tail left everytime and could only get a slight tear the other way if I adjusted the rest all the way towards the riser. to looking down from the top of the bow the arrow is going towards the riser. so I adjusted the wt down to 50 lbs and got great flight not perfect but great. wanted to get it closer to 60 lbs so I bought some 300 spine arrows. now it shoots broadheads good at 60 lbs but the arrow is still going towards the riser. Some on here have said the center shot needs to be 15/16 but mine is more like 7/8 or just under it. Anythoughts on why?? I have 8 days until elk season so will be looking for ideas after sept?? Maybe swap limbs??

Post Thanks / Like

what arrow rest are you useing
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

get the best results with a nap 360. don't have the funds or time to buy a fall away other then the muzzt excellerator I have.. it could get it either.

Post Thanks / Like

you are more than likely getting some fletching interferance put lip stick or something on your fingersof your rest see if on you vanes
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but all three of my Ryteras tune with the rest slightly inside center. You do realize, I hope, that the difference between 15/16" and 7/8" is only 1/16", right? I haven't quite figured it out myself, but I have an inkling that the Hybrix cams are not as aggressive as we are led to believe so maybe a softer spine would work better. Don't be afraid to try a 400 spine.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

well I re measured the center shot its a smidge under 15/16.. I did try a 400 spine (55/75) and it was ugly...Bought 6 goldtip Kinetic 300 and the broadheads are flying nice and str8. No more wag to them....I feel really good about it as well... I was very stressed over it as well. deer season starting the 1st and elk the 4th... no time for this b.s

Post Thanks / Like

I am using 400's on my Nemesis. I added a little length to 29 inches measuring from carbon to inside of nock. 60 pound DW exactly with 100 grain Broadheads. It's shooting good.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that a Deer or an Elk will really care which side of the entrance hole the tail end of the shaft was on, Josh.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I don't think that a Deer or an Elk will really care which side of the entrance hole the tail end of the shaft was on, Josh.
    LOL I just dont want to slap them with the side of the arrow...:P I bought some goldtip kinetic 300 and some 100 gr slicktricks.. Its all good now. Im right there at 15/16 off the shelf and have awesome flight all the wat out to 60 yards and got my bow back up to 61 lbs...Its all good in my neck of the woods now need to a double for the week I have off next week. Elk on say next wednesday and while I am up at my moms for butchering could get me a deer too....That would be a good day tater..

Post Thanks / Like

I pray that you have a safe and successful hunt. I will be out in GMU 133 stalking Muleys.