Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis noise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis noise

Nemesis is shooting well, but noticed a noise. After tracking it down, if I tap the bottom cam with my index finger, I get a rattling sort of sound. It is at 55 lbs with 60 lb limbs, no noticeable damage or problems. Anyone experience this? It does have barnsdale limbs, so a little earlier in the life cycle. I removed the modules and the same sound was created. Not the draw stop. The X is solid, as are some other bows I have.

Thank you! WW
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

check the adjustable mod screws, had that problem put some string wax on the threads and got rid of it.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

It might be the "e clips" that hold the axle in place. Try dobbing some string wax on them and see if that stops it.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    It might be the "e clips" that hold the axle in place. Try dobbing some string wax on them and see if that stops it.
    If it's not the E clips or any screws the next place to check is are your bearings
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing bearings. The noise is present with and without the module installed. Email sent to Martin, I'd just as soon send it in for a checkover. Shoots great, but...
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

Also be sure to check the reinforcement screws in the limb tips.

Post Thanks / Like

So does this bow have spacers between the cam and limbs? Or are the bearings made in some way to fill the gap?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just trying to figure out if a bearing would have loosened up, or where the problem would be. Something just isn't as tight as it should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannawhitetail View Post
    I'm guessing bearings. The noise is present with and without the module installed. Email sent to Martin, I'd just as soon send it in for a checkover. Shoots great, but...
    There's always the possibility of a bad bearing from the bearing manufacturer. The Nemeisis hasn't been out long enough for anyone to wear out the bearings. Consider this --- for each shot the bearing makes less than one revolution. Say 200 shots a day, five days a week. That's about 1,000 revolutions per week, or 50,000 revoltutions per year. My waterwell pump does that in less than 15 minutes, and it's 20 years old. Plus, your bow spends 90% of its life in an airconditioned house.

Now, I'm not saying it's not a bearing problem, just saying it's very unlikely. Hope you get her fixed.

Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I agree, the bearing isn't very likely. I'll keep working on it and the dealer ordered some parts to try. There's not that much to cause it...