Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nemesis noise

Post Thanks / Like

Default nemesis

i have 2 nemesis they both are noise, make a metalic sound when i shoot . have checked everthing i know to check, so i just shoot them . timing is right on, no loose bolts, just noise bow i guess
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

After playing with different options, a limbsaver modular base, with one node and a 3 1/2 inch X coil on the end took away the noise - silent now.

Other things may work, but I was trying different items in my drawer. What a wonderful bow this seems to be.
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

The fix is compareable to the limbsaver express stabilizer # 3065.
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    i have 2 nemesis they both are noise, make a metalic sound when i shoot . have checked everthing i know to check, so i just shoot them . timing is right on, no loose bolts, just noise bow i guess
    Gramps,

Don't know your skill level with tuning and surely don't want to offend, but my limited experience with the Nemesis is that it can easily be loud, or with just a little more work, can be very quiet.

I was able to pick mine up at a shop in SE TX because it had been sitting there for months and nobody wanted to buy it because it was so noisey. Got if at $100 off. Got it home and in a couple of hours had it shooting sounding like your grandaughters whisper. Granted, the cables need to be very near perfect. All I had to do was get the cables and string to spec (measured under 100# tension) and it shot lights out and quietly.

That "pro" shop could have easily sold it for full price with just a very llittle labor getting it right. I'm a lucky guy!

A year ago I took a nice Kudu, Waterbuck, Gemsbuck, and Blesbuck with it. Don't give up to quickly on that tuning thing.

Best of luck to you.

Best of luck to you.