Thread: any news on 2013 bows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any news on 2013 bows?

wondered if there was any news out on them? rumors? i really hope they make a true 65% let off cam. if not may be leaving the martin family and i dont want to do so. the new nitro cam is nice dont get me wrong but i want true 65% let off. we will see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrnymanwv View Post
    wondered if there was any news out on them? rumors? i really hope they make a true 65% let off cam. if not may be leaving the martin family and i dont want to do so. the new nitro cam is nice dont get me wrong but i want true 65% let off. we will see.
    Reasoning for wanting a 65% Just curious.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Reasoning for wanting a 65% Just curious.
    I'll take a guess. He's either a target shooter or a finger shooter. Less letoff means higher holding weight which for many means more stable aiming or a cleaner release using fingers.

I haven't heard any news or rumors, but my gut says you'll be moving on to another company.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I'll take a guess. He's either a target shooter or a finger shooter. Less letoff means higher holding weight which for many means more stable aiming or a cleaner release using fingers.
    Definitely makes sense.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not a finger shooter, but i am a target shooter. I have every scepter made from the first to the latest. All well made in my opinion. And just like the valley with more weight. I am not a wall shooter. The only way to get the letoff is to use the draw stop. I use a stan hinge backtension whater you want to call it. And for me i like less letoff. I still hunt with an old martin fury. I lve martin bows. Have shot them for the last 27 years. I didnt word my post the way i should have. I just really want to see a nice target cam. I realize it prob isnt happening and prob isnt in there best interest. Perhaps the market is too small. i will never dump martin i may move on or build a frankenbow but i will never leave martin entirely.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

in bass pros latest fall catalog, there is a martin exile x4. i have never seen a bow like this and it is not on martins website, it is a split limb martin bow and a little bit longer riser. it looks sweet. i hope this is a peak of 2013 martin bows, some split limb bows would be sick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I don't get that. I am a finger shooter and I currently use the new Scepter V and I LOVE IT!. My technique has improved if anything. Maybe it's because I use to shoot a old cougar mag that had, at best, 10% let off and got the finger release down early or maybe because I use the "instinctive" form of shooting and put so much emphasis on form.....I don't know. 80% let off hasn't been an hindrance but a boon. I get to relax more, concentrate on my form and I've never been so accurate. Ask my friends

Still, one thing I've learned from talking with archers and reading through this forum is that your setup is like a good woman, what fits you might not fit the next guy.

Cheers!
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrnymanwv View Post
    Not a finger shooter, but i am a target shooter. I have every scepter made from the first to the latest. All well made in my opinion. And just like the valley with more weight. I am not a wall shooter. The only way to get the letoff is to use the draw stop. I use a stan hinge backtension whater you want to call it. And for me i like less letoff. I still hunt with an old martin fury. I lve martin bows. Have shot them for the last 27 years. I didnt word my post the way i should have. I just really want to see a nice target cam. I realize it prob isnt happening and prob isnt in there best interest. Perhaps the market is too small. i will never dump martin i may move on or build a frankenbow but i will never leave martin entirely.
    I'm with jrnymanwv on this, don't like the HL mod on my C nitrous cams at all, feels like I have to push the string away, and prefer the valley with the 65% mods on the cams. Anyone looking for a HL X Nitrous Cam mod set? Also have two sets of 65% mini mods, Cable slide side only.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 09-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade