Thread: Anybody Want To Talk About IBO Changes?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody Want To Talk About IBO Changes?

so, ibo split the leadership position between two folks and is going with rinehart targets.

Post Thanks / Like

May be hard on small clubs but good for ASA........for me I like Rineharts.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing McKenzie has comparable to Rinehart is their XT series and costwise they're right up there, too. Most clubs are not going to go out and plop down the coin to replace all their McKenzies. Clubs don't have the money. I don't compete in IBO shoots or ASA for that matter, and haven't for quite some time. Both organizations do some good for the archers that attend them, but IMO all the money payouts have taken a lot of fun out of the 3D game, and it is a game.

Most clubs, at least around these parts, use IBO scoring, but do not adhere strictly to IBO rules. Most shoots are for fun and in them it's more of shoot what ya brung. There are some leagues and they have different classes but they make their own rules and classes to accomodate the recreational shooters that attend them. Makes it more fun no matter what targets are being used, which they mix and match at times.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see both IBO and ASA come west of the Mississippi river. Sanctioned 3d shoots are non existent in Iowa.

As for the target choice, does not matter to me. I like 'em all.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    The only thing McKenzie has comparable to Rinehart is their XT series and costwise they're right up there, too. Most clubs are not going to go out and plop down the coin to replace all their McKenzies. Clubs don't have the money. I don't compete in IBO shoots or ASA for that matter, and haven't for quite some time. Both organizations do some good for the archers that attend them, but IMO all the money payouts have taken a lot of fun out of the 3D game, and it is a game.

Most clubs, at least around these parts, use IBO scoring, but do not adhere strictly to IBO rules. Most shoots are for fun and in them it's more of shoot what ya brung. There are some leagues and they have different classes but they make their own rules and classes to accomodate the recreational shooters that attend them. Makes it more fun no matter what targets are being used, which they mix and match at times.
    Yup. ... and in this economy, wait - oh never mind - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Ca. we don't have ASA or IBO.
    We shoot CBH/SAA, they go with the NFAA rules for everything.
    I would like to shoot some IBO and ASA shoots, the 35 yard max for my class would be awsome.
    Every 3-D shoot I go to has targets out to 80 yards and most average at about 35-55 yards.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I've read several of your previous posts on this. 80 yards is a far piece to shoot 3D. Are you guys shooting known yardage? That would account fr the loinger yardages, but that's still a long ways. Here in my neck of the woods most shoots ar just club shoots with some scattered IBO qualifiers. Yardages can get stretched to about 55, but most guys are savvy enough to realize that most attendants are of the hunting variety so keep distances to something reasonsable, meaning 45 and closer.

One fo the clubs I belong to also are members of a winter league. 5 clubs with three shoots each on a rotational basis. Starts the Sundy before Xmas and runs for 15 consecutive weeks, Sunday only. There are divisions and classes within these divisions----Open, Hunter Release, Women, Intermediates, Cadets, etc. Cost is $8 for a 30 target shoot using IBO scoring. Senior men are all lumped together with no equipment limitations. This means I am often shooting basically a hunting setup against guys shooting long stabilizers and scopes, etc. with 35 yards being max. Sometimes I place in the top 3, sometimes not. I never feel much bitterness about it. To me it's about having fun and not whether I get some little medal or something. The only person I feel I am competing against is me. Most clubs use Mckenzies, but some have a mix of Mck., Rinehart, with even some R&W's thrown in. It does make things interesting.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver