Thread: good news every one!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up good news every one!

Ok, so awhile back I posted on an old topic about Hurricane bags and how my arrows were getting stuck and tearing up the bag. I have since changed to a smaller point and that solved the problem. The good news is that I did contact the company via email and they are sending a new cover. I give them 5 stars. Go it yourself a Hurricane target.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great news. Nice to know the company backs their stuff.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    Ok, so awhile back I posted on an old topic about Hurricane bags and how my arrows were getting stuck and tearing up the bag. I have since changed to a smaller point and that solved the problem. The good news is that I did contact the company via email and they are sending a new cover. I give them 5 stars. Go it yourself a Hurricane target.
    I had one of thier bags for about two days............no matter what I did my arrows got stuck and had to be cut out. I put it in the trash and never looked back, Ill never own another.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

If arrows are getting stuck in the bags it's not the fault of the bags. It's the points. Most common carbon arrows measure .295" or very close to 19/64". The most commonly used field points are 9/32" and 5/16". 5/16" is 1/64" larger in diameter than the insert so will hang up in the bag. The better option is to use 9/32" points. The best option is to find 19/64" points which, to date, are only made by a couple companies, PDP and Saunders. The problem is that most shops don't stock them.

I kind of find it appalling that in this day and age, when 90% of the shafts/arrows sold are carbons of the .295" variety, the point manufacturers haven't seen fit to change their tooling and make properly sized points for those arrows. They seem stuck to the past and still only make points for aluminum shafts just like they did 40 years ago. They just won't change with the times and why should they? People keep buying their inferior products without griping to them about their antiquated ways.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    If arrows are getting stuck in the bags it's not the fault of the bags. It's the points. Most common carbon arrows measure .295" or very close to 19/64". The most commonly used field points are 9/32" and 5/16". 5/16" is 1/64" larger in diameter than the insert so will hang up in the bag. The better option is to use 9/32" points. The best option is to find 19/64" points which, to date, are only made by a couple companies, PDP and Saunders. The problem is that most shops don't stock them.

I kind of find it appalling that in this day and age, when 90% of the shafts/arrows sold are carbons of the .295" variety, the point manufacturers haven't seen fit to change their tooling and make properly sized points for those arrows. They seem stuck to the past and still only make points for aluminum shafts just like they did 40 years ago. They just won't change with the times and why should they? People keep buying their inferior products without griping to them about their antiquated ways.
    I would agree that most of the time its a problem with the points or inserts but I actually had glue in bullet points in some of my arrows . What I was finding with the bag I had was that , mixed in with whatever material they used to stuff it with there were pieces of rubber that pretty much melted to the arrow and wouldn't allow it to pull back through.
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Might need to look into getting a new cover for mine. Really like the target. I've shot it up pretty good and the center is pretty well fried. Won't take long before the other spots are tore up as well.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice!!!!

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I would agree that most of the time its a problem with the points or inserts but I actually had glue in bullet points in some of my arrows . What I was finding with the bag I had was that , mixed in with whatever material they used to stuff it with there were pieces of rubber that pretty much melted to the arrow and wouldn't allow it to pull back through.
    Have to admit that I've seen that, too. Fortunately I live within 6 miles of two archery clubs and just about live at them so I shoot their bags. Mostly Morrell Outdoor Range bags. At the one club we have a 20' platofrm and about 20 old 3D targets scattered around it for hunting practice and can use broadheads on them. Then there are 18 3D targets set up as a walk thru (no broadheads). So being this is the case I don't have much need of any kind of target at home.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it was the points. I found some at wally world. They are odd shaped (like a nipple) and only came 10 to a box. They are made by Allen co. and have a realtree logo the box say they are .308. Either way, they are smaller then the Beman insert. And Hurricane is hooking me up!!
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post

I agree that the points are the most likely culrpits. I have found that some inserts mitigate that, having a bevled edge that makes a smooth transition from shaft to point. It's all about how you setup your arrows and learn from your mistakes.... or the ones of others.
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"