Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just started my Muley hunt.... Now it's over.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go! Nice shot,congratulations Simon. Nice buck.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

great save on the kid.some folks have the fight or flight going for them and some dont,you do my friend and it seams that the father and others do not.

congrats on a nice kill.im glad you were able to fill that tag and not burn it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Awesome stuff man. Do you add any extra fat to your grind? Haven't done much burger in the past with mine, wife just got set up with a grinder attachment for her kitchen aid mixer.
    We do 25 pound batches. It's easier for us to remember. 20 pounds of venison to 5 pounds of pork. A lot of time's I like it 100 venison. We try to get most of the deer fat off. One year we had this one buck that must have had almost 2 inches of fat all the way around. We haven't encountered a deer like that since. It was a lot of work to get rid of the fat and silver to lessen that gamey flavor. We buy Pork shoulder butts on sale from Costco or whom ever has them on sale. We do our best to buy packaged BONELESS pork shoulder. You don't have to debone them and account for the loss in weight from Bone. it comes down to personal taste. Grind in a little cured bacon in small batches for some yummy goodness. Try a smaller batch first before you go big.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you ALL for the kind words!. I'm just sitting here reading the board and relaxing. I'm waiting for it to get cooler outside so I can cape the head and boil the head. I use an air compressor to blow the brains and gunk out.

The wife is not too happy that there's a deers head in the second fridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Simon. Really cool to have the kill shot on video.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the positive comments. I passed out yesterday afternoon, I was suppose to start work on caping the skull and boiling it. I took a med for my back pain and fell asleep e a r l y !. I feel really old. I know it will be your guys turn in the coming days and months. I pray that you all get yours, be safe and more importantly...keep it fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Simon...
    That is just freaking "AWSOME"
    Congrats on the great 3x3.
    The video is just way to cool.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. I swear i saw that buck do a summer sault after impact of arrow.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Don and BigRed!.
    I got lucky on the video. I could keep up taping and having the bow at the ready by myself. I had deer on both sides..I gave up on filming and turned the camera to the right side and let it record on it's own. It just so happened that this buck came down the right side two. When I saw him come over the crest and come down my way. He started scraping his antlers on a bush in front of me. It was one of the ones I just happened to Range and had kept in memory. I moved my Elk mountain slip to the right of the camera closer to his path. It just happened to be in front of the camera. I didn't even know that i recorded it till later on. lucky!. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Simon...
    That is just freaking "AWSOME"
    Congrats on the great 3x3.
    The video is just way to cool.
    Don.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    Congratulations. I swear i saw that buck do a summer sault after impact of arrow.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go nice buck.. big way to go on helping the kid stuck under the safe ...see good thing come to thouse whom do good deeds
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/