Thread: deer gone

Post Thanks / Like

Question deer gone

i guess i'm not going to hunt this season we have got a little rain, not the kind of rains we need. we need some of those gully washers 6, 8, even 10 inches. our earth ponds, creeks, and some lakes are dry or so low that the water is no good, out where i hunt i think the deer have moved to the red river where there is a little water. it hasn't been as bad as last year but close. it was 104 today. i would like to see 4 ft. of snow. went dove hunting yesterday got one dove, he was the only one i saw! have a good day & good shooting.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

I am with you bowgramp, it's just too hot and all my trail cameras show deer movement only in the middle of the night. First season ends tomarrow and then a 2 week wait sure hope it cools off or I'll be eatin another tag for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how many hunters first game taken was a dove. Mine was with a single shot Sears 20ga my nephew still has.

Post Thanks / Like

Put out some water for them. Get a small kiddie pool and truck in some water in a barrel. If you build it, they will come.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Where I live - so will the Game Wardens with their ticket book...

Post Thanks / Like

Not where we are at (tx). Watering the deer is pretty common down here especially during droughts like these.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Dves are one hard critter to hit due to their speed. Bad anough with a shotgun. You didn't happen to get it with a bow did you? That would be downright exceptional.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Was'nt all that exceptional, camoed up , hid in waterside brush, and took 5 of the little divebombs, while sitting on branches above water, used a flu-flu, Judo point, Recurve. In the late 60's. Never did hit one in flight, although I did try lots of times, came real close several times.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Spiker we must be close as I think here you could get a ticket for pissing in the woods.