Thread: (Another) 2011 Martin Firecat 400 review

Post Thanks / Like

Default (Another) 2011 Martin Firecat 400 review

I've had my Firecat for a little while now, and so far I am very, very impressed with it. It's set at 60 lbs, with a 27" (True) draw. The draw cycle is smooth, with a solid back wall. This is not one of those bows that will pull your arm in if you don't firmly hold back, which is nice. At the shot I feel no vibration, jump, or handshock, which is a great improvement over my Jaguar. I shot a cheap Allen Walmart arrow through the Chrono, and it says I'm getting about 259 fps. The arrow is 29" long, and weighs 432 grains, so that speed isn't too bad. I do want to eventually get arrows that weigh in under 400 grains, but at least I know the deer is going down (with proper shot placement of course). Also, this bow is quiet. With the cat whiskers and an STS, I don't hear much noise at the shot. The grip is excellent, since I am one that prefers a thin grip anyway. I have no problems grouping arrows with this bow either. It is a pleasure to shoot.

So for anyone that's considering getting the Firecat, go for it. I highly recommend it.

Edit: Also, when shooting again, I did notice a very slight (normal) vibration at the shot.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 11-09-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures or I figure this to be a fabricated story ... unless I haven't checked Photo Session yet ...
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Yu know the rules AS---pics. I take it you like the bow? Had you shot the binaries before or were you strictly a solo cam dude? If so then what do you think of the draw cycle as compared to the single cam?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Pictures or I figure this to be a fabricated story ... unless I haven't checked Photo Session yet ...
    I see you found them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Yu know the rules AS---pics. I take it you like the bow? Had you shot the binaries before or were you strictly a solo cam dude? If so then what do you think of the draw cycle as compared to the single cam?
    I'm not breaking the rules, I just posted the pics Right Here. I do like the bow a lot. I owned a PSE The Beast dual cam(pic below of a Beast), and an older (acient) dual cam Golden Eagle. My 07 Martin Jaguar is a single Dyna cam. If I compare the Beast and my Firecat, I'd say the Beast was definitely smoother (and slower). The Jaguar's draw cycle doesn't seem to have the hump in it that the Firecat has, but once again, it's also slower.

2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

For all who are looking for pics of my bow, CLICK ME