Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 2012 Rytera Alien Nemesis

Post Thanks / Like

Save it! Congratulations Bill! I still remember how I felt when I robinhooded my first!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Save it! Congratulations Bill! I still remember how I felt when I robinhooded my first!
    elkslayer,

I have two other Robin Hoods at home that I shot with recurves. I pulled the second arrow out on this one and saved myself $10!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I increased my draw weight by 2#. I'm now shooting my Nemesis at 57.2#@28.5". It's very quick, very quiet and a very accurate shooting bow. I hope to take it to the woods tomorrow for my first day of deer hunting for the 2012 season.

Bill
    2012 Rytera Nemesis, 57.2#@28.5", Bonz Camo
    CBE Sniper LC Sight, QAD Ultra HDX Rest, G5 Head-Lok Quiver, Scott Little Goose Release
    Bernie's Control Freak X-Rod Stabilizer W/Quick Disconnect
    Gold Tip XT Hunter Arrows, Rage Chisel Tip 100 gr Broadheads

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy!

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I've got this grazy idea that I should purchase a Nemesis while it's still available. I kind of feel sorry that Rytera is being discontinued as a separate brand. The current Nemesis is so unique in styling that nothing in Martin 2013 lineup (let alone the other brands) compares. The new Nemesis 35 doesn't have half the originality in my opinion.

Problem is, I really don't need another bow... I've had my Onza for less than a year and functionally, the Nemesis is very similar (certainly I will not sell the Onza!). But I just think the current 2012 Nemesis is almost like a collector's item... I have never seen a single one in Finland.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    Damn, I've got this grazy idea that I should purchase a Nemesis while it's still available. I kind of feel sorry that Rytera is being discontinued as a separate brand. The current Nemesis is so unique in styling that nothing in Martin 2013 lineup (let alone the other brands) compares. The new Nemesis 35 doesn't have half the originality in my opinion.

Problem is, I really don't need another bow... I've had my Onza for less than a year and functionally, the Nemesis is very similar (certainly I will not sell the Onza!). But I just think the current 2012 Nemesis is almost like a collector's item... I have never seen a single one in Finland.
    Collector's item? I would hope so. I own two of them. Same might be said for the "Z" which is discontinued and I own one of them, too. One of the better shooting bows I've ever owned, and I've owned a ton over the last 40 years.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i was saddened they discontinued the z but the 2013 nemesis is so close on specs i guess it did not make sense to have both. the 2012 nemesis is a great shooting bow. everybody that shot ours loved them. my son liked my single cam one so he got it and i picked up the onzaIII, i think i still prefer the nemesis old style one.

i would like to shoot the newer nemesis to see how i feel about it. the 2012 nemesis just balances so well. we were using a 7 inch doinker, a limbsaver windjammer without the balancer, seemed to work good no matter what.

i also used a donker 11.5 inch field stabilizer the newer lighter version that worked great also for target type stuff. then i added a cartel vbar bracket and put the 7 inch doinker as a rear stabilizer, man that bow felt like it floated in your hand and just held really nicely. did not feel like i had to fight to aim at all.

so since my son liked that bow( and he got his first deer with it this year) i put that last setup on my alien z same thing happened. just really improved the aim and hold for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for comments.

Damn, I've got this grazy idea that I should purchase a Nemesis while it's still available.
    I couldn't resist but I ordered it from a shop in Germany I then found out it was the last one in their stock so I might have missed it if I would have spent any more time thinking . I got it with a pretty good price (less than what I paid of my Onza). Prices have been higher elsewhere. Next camo, 60#, Hybrix cams.

I had an extra set of accessories earlier this year (G5 sight, Limbsaver stabilizer, NAP sizzor arrow rest) but unfortunately I already sold those. I still have an extra no-peep, wrist sling and Whisker Biscuit so I basically just need to get a proper sight and perhaps a stabilizer for the Nemesis (or I may just use the Onza's stabilizer).
    Last edited by Phantonza; 12-04-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for comments.

I couldn't resist but I ordered it from a shop in Germany I then found out it was the last one in their stock so I might have missed it if I would have spent any more time thinking . I got it with a pretty good price (less than what I paid of my Onza). Prices have been higher elsewhere. Next camo, 60#, Hybrix cams.

I had an extra set of accessories earlier this year (G5 sight, Limbsaver stabilizer, NAP sizzor arrow rest) but unfortunately I already sold those. I still have an extra no-peep, wrist sling and Whisker Biscuit so I basically just need to get a proper sight and perhaps a stabilizer for the Nemesis (or I may just use the Onza's stabilizer).
    Good for you. And just in time!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for comments.

You won't regret your decision. My Nemesis is a phenomenal shooting bow!

Bill
    2012 Rytera Nemesis, 57.2#@28.5", Bonz Camo
    CBE Sniper LC Sight, QAD Ultra HDX Rest, G5 Head-Lok Quiver, Scott Little Goose Release
    Bernie's Control Freak X-Rod Stabilizer W/Quick Disconnect
    Gold Tip XT Hunter Arrows, Rage Chisel Tip 100 gr Broadheads

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy!

Post Thanks / Like

I got my Nemesis today A quick check and all seems to be OK - except that the draw modules have sharp inner edges just as my Onza, so I will have to file them round before starting to use the bow (it will eat cables otherwise). I expected this and I have done the same thing before, so it is not really a problem for me - but for some other buyers it could be. I really, really hope that Martin has fixed the modules for their 2013 lineup, since this situation really makes no sense.

I have plans to make this my 3D competition bow and keep the Onza as my primary hunting bow. I'm thinking about buying lightweight arrows for flatter trajectory, and I will also install a 1-pin slider sight to the bow (I use no-peep so my anchor will stay constant regardless of the elevation of the sight). Perhaps also a slightly longer, heavier stabilizer.
    Last edited by Phantonza; 12-11-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003