Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New (to me) Target Bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default My New (to me) Target Bow

Yup as some of you already know i had a shadowcat on the way. It came in today all blacked out and looking good. I got it out and through a quicktune rest on it just to shoot it a couple times and it is one heck of a bow! This is my first longer a2a bow and it wont be my last, as far as feel looks quality and draw/hold its perfect it is a target bow in the making and i will be taking my sweet time setting this bow up to make it perfect for next 3d season. ill keep an update on this thread with pictures for the next few months pics to come tonight as of right now im off to shoot my onza at my 3d league. As i star setting it up ill keep updates one ease of tuning and what not.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the new bow
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

pictures needed
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you like it. I'm betting it will be a tack driver for you.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Wilt,

You're finding out or are about to find out what I've said for years. Short bows are OK for hunting, but when you want to step up to tack driving accuracy it's easier done with the longer bows. This is borne out all the time. You don't see many short a2a bows with the serious guys following the money trail in 3D.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well no pictures tonight had to much running around after archery for sure tomorrow though. Im getting a good deal on a sure loc with a scope and lens from a guy i shoot with but as of right now i only have my main stabilizer, she really does shoot good instinctively i was grouping within 3 inches of center at 10 yards. I do not know much about the more advanced scope/sight set ups but the one I should be getting comes with a 6 powered lens is that ideal for 3d or is it a little to much? and is a clarifier needed? Im just getting into it for the first time ever so i want as much knowledge as i can so as much as you guys can pass on would be much appreciated.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Well no pictures tonight had to much running around after archery for sure tomorrow though. Im getting a good deal on a sure loc with a scope and lens from a guy i shoot with but as of right now i only have my main stabilizer, she really does shoot good instinctively i was grouping within 3 inches of center at 10 yards. I do not know much about the more advanced scope/sight set ups but the one I should be getting comes with a 6 powered lens is that ideal for 3d or is it a little to much? and is a clarifier needed? Im just getting into it for the first time ever so i want as much knowledge as i can so as much as you guys can pass on would be much appreciated.
    How much for the sight and scope? A few years back I had a SureLoc Supreme with a 4X Bullseye scope. Real nice outfit. For 3D most guys use a 4X but you might get used to the 6X and like it. You might need a clarifier lens, either a #1 or #2. You'll have to try it and find out. Then again, maybe try a peep with a smaller aperture. That sometimes works OK---one of the joys of using a Specialty peep. And if the peep is so small it doesn't encircle the scope don't fret about it. It's nice but not really necessary. No sense in spending extra money for a clarifier if you don't have to. The sght itself is "Supreme". You'll find out. Being able to micro adjust .002 per click is a lot nicer than having to use Allen wrenches all the time. Normal retail on that outfit is usually around $450 or so. Good luck with it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    How much for the sight and scope? A few years back I had a SureLoc Supreme with a 4X Bullseye scope. Real nice outfit. For 3D most guys use a 4X but you might get used to the 6X and like it. You might need a clarifier lens, either a #1 or #2. You'll have to try it and find out. Then again, maybe try a peep with a smaller aperture. That sometimes works OK---one of the joys of using a Specialty peep. And if the peep is so small it doesn't encircle the scope don't fret about it. It's nice but not really necessary. No sense in spending extra money for a clarifier if you don't have to. The sght itself is "Supreme". You'll find out. Being able to micro adjust .002 per click is a lot nicer than having to use Allen wrenches all the time. Normal retail on that outfit is usually around $450 or so. Good luck with it.
    Well he said i can have the sight, scope, lenses, the one clarifier he has, and the case for 300. Ive looked the sight up and cant really find it he said its a sure loc 3d.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some pics i through that quicktune rest on there just to get a few shots off.DSC03495.JPGDSC03497.JPGDSC03498.JPGDSC03496.JPG
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and by far my favorite thing about this bow is the grip i love it.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum