Thread: Question Re Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question Re Alien X

I just purchased a used 2010 Alien, and after about an hour got some nice accuracy with the accesories off my Mathews. So anyway as I was adjusting the limb bolts and the lower limb bolt was really stiff and creaked each time I moved it. My Mathews limb bolts had a light grease on them, does Rytera lube these bolts from the factory? If so with what? Second, perpendicular to the limb bolt sockets, there was a threaded hole where an allen screw could lock them down. I'm not wanting to gum up those the limb bolt threads but I was curious as to their purpose? TIA for any info...

Post Thanks / Like

Rytera does lube them at the factory. I'd just put a little lithium grease on them and call it good. The holes through the barrel nuts are threaded to use as a quiver mount if you want to. Some guys also install small set screws in them to insure the limb bolts don't back out at all. Just use a brass headed set screw, so you don't damage the limb bolt threads. I've heard nylon heads also work, but I doubt they'd be as solid of a grip.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Rytera does lube them at the factory. I'd just put a little lithium grease on them and call it good. The holes through the barrel nuts are threaded to use as a quiver mount if you want to. Some guys also install small set screws in them to insure the limb bolts don't back out at all. Just use a brass headed set screw, so you don't damage the limb bolt threads. I've heard nylon heads also work, but I doubt they'd be as solid of a grip.
    Just what I needed thanks!
    Rytera Alien X, QC Ranger single pin, Anchor Sight, Drop zone, BSting, Stan Quatro Shootoff, 250 Maximas' 27"
    Mathews Switchback '70lbs.