Thread: Funny Wildlife Stories

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny Wildlife Stories

Here's mine. A bear broke into a ministore some years back and wrecked havoc. When the owner showed up the bear was eating Tweenkies and drinking beer. Unfourtunatly he did not want to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats gonna be tough to top, Bob. Twinkies n beer, oh my!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

hope they carded him most likely a teenaged burin
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pretty funny one...

Was on a survival training with some teenagers (well I was 19 they were 17-18). I had them strung out along the shore of a nice lake with me and my 2 coworkers spaced out evenly in case they needed assistance. Spent a god awfull night in a boughs of evergreens, mosquito heaven . Anyway come early morning, I hear a scream... not the good kind. So I run like a crazy person, expecting a bear or a bloody mess, all the way to the camp next to mine, a short mile. Coming up to her camp sight I saw the funniest thing.

There she is on her makeshift bedding with a beaver sitting on it's tail at her feet. She's still screaming her heart out BTW. The beaver just staring at her, not at all troubled by the cacophony. I figure he understood she was scared to her wits end. Either way I stayed there for a minute or 2 trying to get her to calm down, which she did to some extent at my arrival, and get her to appreciate the beauty of this moment but she refused to move until I had chased the beaver away..... quite the cute little fella IMO.

Whats so threatening about a beaver?

.....And later that day I peed on a wasp nest..... but thats another story
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

Well as a utility locator I come across many exciting and scary situations dealing with wild life. Today was no exception. I was doing a 3000' locate along Highway 385 north of Interstate 76 by Julesberg, Colorado. This locate involved crossing a few creeks and low water. I pulled up to a spot on the east side of Hw 385 and see 4 wild turkeys doing their thing. There was a roughly 30lb tom, 2 hens and a jake. I snapped a picture which can be seen on my profile of the tom. So i continue marking out a phone line crossing one of the rivers and out of nowhere comes a "woosh woosh woosh!" I look off to my left and see this massive ball of feather with scrawny legs with 2 inch spurs headed at me. Now if the people in the cars where able to comment they would say I took off running the opposite way screaming like a banshee trying to save my own life. However I think that happened in my mind as I fought an epic battle with this Tom. Using my receiver wand and paint stick to fight this bird neither side was ready to give. After about an hour battle(30 seconds at most) I finally relinquished ground to continue the mission of finishing the locate. As I write this, I ponder what would have happened if the bird gave up and left. No one will ever know.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigredhunter00 View Post
    Well as a utility locator I come across many exciting and scary situations dealing with wild life. Today was no exception. I was doing a 3000' locate along Highway 385 north of Interstate 76 by Julesberg, Colorado. This locate involved crossing a few creeks and low water. I pulled up to a spot on the east side of Hw 385 and see 4 wild turkeys doing their thing. There was a roughly 30lb tom, 2 hens and a jake. I snapped a picture which can be seen on my profile of the tom. So i continue marking out a phone line crossing one of the rivers and out of nowhere comes a "woosh woosh woosh!" I look off to my left and see this massive ball of feather with scrawny legs with 2 inch spurs headed at me. Now if the people in the cars where able to comment they would say I took off running the opposite way screaming like a banshee trying to save my own life. However I think that happened in my mind as I fought an epic battle with this Tom. Using my receiver wand and paint stick to fight this bird neither side was ready to give. After about an hour battle(30 seconds at most) I finally relinquished ground to continue the mission of finishing the locate. As I write this, I ponder what would have happened if the bird gave up and left. No one will ever know.
    Sure would like to see a video of that encounter!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade