Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: any body seen this new exile x4?

Post Thanks / Like

And what praytell is the advantage to split limbs. Just 2 more on the bow to have trouble with.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see a shock absorber string stop, I think thats the source of Martins noise.

Post Thanks / Like

I think all of the above is the source of the noise. Split limbs are better for vibration and sound and a good shock absorbing string stop similar design to the sos, they had something going on there they should not have left the sos design, the trg maybe not the sos.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Split limbs..........

i have a 2011 Bear Strike..........
    i can tell you that this bow and along with a Bear Truth and A couple of Truth 2's are the smoothest, quietest bows i have ever owned. Out of all the Bear bows that i've had and it's been a few more than what i just listed, i haven't had any problems with them breaking. Definately no issues with noise or speed as well.
    All mine have had split limbs and not an issue.
    Getting back to my cheap priced Bear Strike.........it sold new for like $399....(it's the best bow i have ever owned...period!)
    well i can say with 100% honesty that this bow has been great and really in all ways better than any martin that i've previously owned. Not trying to bash or get a war started with anyone. Just telling the truth. Anyways i did a review of my Bear Strike recently on Archerytalk.
    What's my point to this...........if martin does put a quality split limb...it very well could quiet down the noise issue and perhaps breakage issue. Let's hope that more Martin models come out with a quality split limb design. From the sounds and looks of it, their addressing their problems and that's a step in the right direction that all can be happy about.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone send me a noisey Martin. Have yet to see one that was.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

Default noisey martin

Quote Originally Posted by SJunior View Post
    Someone send me a noisey Martin. Have yet to see one that was.
    Only thing I hear when I shoot my martin's is broken ribs and the 12 ring on foam.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several arguably advantages to split limbs. For one it's virtually impossible to split a limb longitudinally (lengthwise) or in the limb fork. There is no limb fork so whatever twisting of the limb occurs from the cable rod/slide is distributed over the full length of the limb. The bow should be a bit more quiet, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    There are several arguably advantages to split limbs. For one it's virtually impossible to split a limb longitudinally (lengthwise) or in the limb fork. There is no limb fork so whatever twisting of the limb occurs from the cable rod/slide is distributed over the full length of the limb. The bow should be a bit more quiet, too.
    x2 bfisher is right.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe the other advantage is it weight......keeps them or the overall weight lower.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very good bow and shoots great

The X4 is a nice change from Martin.

The bow shoots really well, it is light, it is not noisy and the looks of the bow I like.

The limbs and limb pockets on the X4 with the single cam all work together really well. They have also made a minor change in the cable rod. As the rod comes out of the riser it has a slight angle/bent towards the string. You can rotate it around to adjust vane clearance as needed. This helps keep torque down on the bow at full draw.

This bow is a mid line bow with a great price that the competition is really going to struggle to match.

The bow will be offered in different ATA lengths. The names will be different but basically the same bow.

Martin will sell a lot of these bows.

I was impressed and liked it for sure. I have given some suggestions on how to make it just a touch better and easier for the dealers to adjust as well. I hope they used a few of the suggestions when they put it in production.