Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my hands on an onza

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    Yes sir in two weeks
    I see you posted about KE under - that is what I was wondering. If going that light will be good to go with a 60# - but seeing that sort of speed, I'm sure it would be. I'd like to slim my weight down a touch if I could to pick up a little more juice, I shot about 340gr last year with my Velocity 400s out of my Cheetah. I'm shooting the Velocity 300s out of the Bengal - it likes them better than 400s (5575 XT) I had been shooting when I first got it. Might look into another brand that has a .340 or .350 that will be a little bit lighter and see how well I can tune them to the bow, think Black Eagle might fit that bill ....
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I see you posted about KE under - that is what I was wondering. If going that light will be good to go with a 60# - but seeing that sort of speed, I'm sure it would be. I'd like to slim my weight down a touch if I could to pick up a little more juice, I shot about 340gr last year with my Velocity 400s out of my Cheetah. I'm shooting the Velocity 300s out of the Bengal - it likes them better than 400s (5575 XT) I had been shooting when I first got it. Might look into another brand that has a .340 or .350 that will be a little bit lighter and see how well I can tune them to the bow, think Black Eagle might fit that bill ....
    If you every want on hunters friends web site if you have a bow that shoots 300 fps with a 350 grain arrow and lets say 70 lb of ke to pick up 5 more lb of ke you would have to shoot a 600 grain arrow @ 200 fps
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah going to the BEA arrows if I got that route, will shave about 25-30gr off my arrow weight and I'll be able to keep a stiffer spine. Figure with my Bengal maxed out, I should be pulling somewhere around 63-64# and that should put it closer to 300 if everything is in order.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

congratz on da bow.

Finally the pic is uploaded
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.