Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New (to me) Target Bow

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good looking rig. I wish you the best with here. I thought Bowhunting rigs can get expensive...My target bow beats my hunting rig that's for sure money wise. I've only been into Target archery roughly 5-6 months. It's a different world for sure. That one spot can get intimidating some times..., it's easy to get frustrated..get target panic. I have about 500 bucks just in my sight, scope, large peep with 5 apertures, 4x lens. There's a guy over on AT that has great lenses for half the price of the big outfits. PM for his info. I like the 4x but i want to see what a 6x will do. I don't use any clarifiers right now. Have fun!.

Post Thanks / Like

Im jealous of your bow lol that's a sweet looking rig and if the deal falls through with this guy i will for sure be getting that info from you as of right now he has everything i need. Whats a good blade rest? I know they all pretty much do the same thing just every one has some small change and probably any will work.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Im jealous of your bow lol that's a sweet looking rig and if the deal falls through with this guy i will for sure be getting that info from you as of right now he has everything i need. Whats a good blade rest? I know they all pretty much do the same thing just every one has some small change and probably any will work.
    Thank you. it's a great setup But I wish the guy behind it could shoot it better. LOL

I got lucky and got my rest from Barry. It's a TropyTaker Spring rest. I did switch the blade to a wide blade.

http://www.trophytaker.com/spring_steel_1.aspx

Don

You guys do know they shoot better without all that junk on them, right?
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

yep you will love it! had one and it shot great

Post Thanks / Like

Ya the build is a slower process then i thought, but i have to get stuff together for my hunting trip to the upper peninsula of Michigan next week as i am leaving Sunday. but as soon as i get back ill be kicking it into high gear and getting it ready it should be fully setup before the holidays tuned and all. When i am accessorizing my bows i like to make sure i know what i want before i buy it because everything looks so darn good when i am shopping lol.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

That's really is a good looking rig. I tried out a Scepter this spring and just couldn't get the draw length short enough for me---RATS. That bow just held, drew and aimed so nice. If only Martin would make a slightly smaller cam, similar to the Nitrous cams (A, B, and C) like they had a few years ago. That Crimson Red grows on you, doesn't it?
    Last edited by bfisher; 10-03-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver