Thread: Onza sight mounting question

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza sight mounting question

Have any of you other Onza owners noticed that your sight mounting bracket and your arrow rest bracket are not inline with each other? I have probably one of the first Onza 3 bows built and ever since I got it the sight bracket angles outward away from the riser. If you look down the edge of the riser it is no where near inline with the rest bracket. The bow shoots great but sometimes it just bugs the heck out of me is all. Tried tp load a picture but for some reason it won't attach. Will keep trying to get it uploaded.

Post Thanks / Like

Well answered my own question this morning. Took off my TruGlo micro adjust and put on a cheap TruGlo just now and it lines up fine. Seems the way my other sight is made it won't lay straight on the Onza riser with the extremely narrow sight mounting space. Now on to a new sight I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked @ mine and don't see what you are talking about and we are using the same sight too I think, mine has the extension arm. I use felt on the brackets before attaching them, not sure if that is why I am not seeing it. Did you try flipping the bracket?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shooting the micro adjust that has the 5 pins that get smaller and all green. It had a .29 at the top but is now a .19 with yellow for the 30 yard and red in the 50 yard pin. But the mounting holes and the grooves machined into the bracket just didn't seem to allow enough flat surface. I took it to our machine shop at work yesterday and fixed the problem. Pulled the head off sight and put bracket in the milling machine and flattened out backside of it smooth. Mounted sight back on bow and is now sitting straight and aligned with rest bracket. Just not enough flat surface on the bow riser and poor bracket on the sight in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a few pics to show us what you did?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

i did the EXACT same thing! I've rectified the situation with a 1/8" block of aluminum between the riser and the sight. the counter sunk holes on the Tru-glo sights base is the culprit. they use the same base for right and left hand sights, so both sides are counter sunk. the countersink allows the sight to tighten down around the sight mounting holes, making the sight push away from the riser. drove me nuts until i figured it out!
    2011 Martin Onza ~ Tru-Glo Xtreme ~ QAD Ultra HD ~ Smooth Stability Stab ~ Tight Spot
    2004 Martin Phantom II ~ Nitrous B Shoot-thru ~ Elite Limbs ~ Martin Steel Rest ~ Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    2007 Martin Slayer ~ Nitrous C Shoot-thru ~ Brite Site Tuner Rest Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    NRA Life Member