Thread: Bummer; cows have invaded my spot

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bummer; cows have invaded my spot

Went in to my spot today to check cameras and had 600+ pictures of cows and 3 deer 2 shootable bucks but it looks like the cows have run the deer off. I did see a yearing that would fill the freezer nice big blocky black one. Don't know where to put my tag as it's only good for one with horns. Have to goto my #2 spot, maybe the cattle activity has pushed some deer into that area.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Went in to my spot today to check cameras and had 600+ pictures of cows and 3 deer 2 shootable bucks but it looks like the cows have run the deer off. I did see a yearing that would fill the freezer nice big blocky black one. Don't know where to put my tag as it's only good for one with horns. Have to goto my #2 spot, maybe the cattle activity has pushed some deer into that area.
    Hmmmm beef hmmmmm venison Hmmmm beef hmmmmm venison Hmmmm beef hmmmmm venison I know I know both!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch, I had a NY cut steak tonight so I'm thinkin. That derned beast already had some one's orange tag on it's ear dadgumit. Who would tag a critter while it's still on it's feet?
    After this season I'll need strings for my Onza and a 2010 Diamond Iceman, do you have specs on the Iceman?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Hutch, I had a NY cut steak tonight so I'm thinkin. That derned beast already had some one's orange tag on it's ear dadgumit. Who would tag a critter while it's still on it's feet?
    After this season I'll need strings for my Onza and a 2010 Diamond Iceman, do you have specs on the Iceman?
    When ever your ready let me know. Till then take a deer and leave the fat guys alone.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'd bet the deer are still using that same area, but just another part of it. I have the same thing happen to me all the time. Cattle move in, and the deer just start using another trail. They always stay in that same area though. Something attracted them there to start with, so they'll keep coming back. They are used to seeing cattle.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bob. I would say Ehunter is right. I went through the same thing, the farmer moved his cows in. It took a few days but the deer are using the same trails as they were before, they just avoid the cows in close proximity. The bummer is the darn cows fill up your sd card pretty quick ( I had 760 pics the other day, 30 deer the rest cows). When setting up, I would play the cows like you would the wind, move to a different spot if they are gathered in front of your stand on that paticular day. I posted some pictures under the trail cam thread thinking the cows might interfere, but as you can see they have not.PICT0007.jpgPICT0181.jpg
    These pics are from a camera 50 yds north of the first one.SUNP0024.jpgSUNP0041.jpg