Thread: Limb Swap Ideas are welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limb Swap Ideas are welcome

Hi Bro n sis out there,

i just got myself a pair of barndales limb from the classified from other forum. exactly what i looking for.
    My current limb is the 135 which is 45-60# limb. i got a set of 155 suppose to 35-50# am i right.. i mean if its put on my Nemesis on a 2.0cam.

Was planning to put it on for target shooting, coz i have seen and experience twice and come out a perception and thought that, lower poundage bow always in the lead in target shooting. Maybe because they dont wear out fast, as there are not drawing heavy bows. So i now also dont want to waste so much of power to draw a bow, and hopefully i can sustain the long competition rally.

before i actually put my hand on the limb to swap it.
    - Anyone have ideas, does it change the letoff?
    - Does it effect the draw length say i put back the current string and cable setting.
    - anyone use any special tools for removing the e-clip? or a set of plier will do???
    (All and all, every setup remain the same, and only change on the bow is the limb poundage)

all suggestion, recommendation and helps is most welcome....

thanks in advance.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be right on the limb deflection. As far as the e-clips, I use a very small flathead screwdriver on mine. Just pops them right of. Other than draw weight, nothing should change, as long as you are careful not to twist or untwist the string or cables. I usally don't even take them off the cams, just back the limb bolts out as far as I can, take off the e-clips, push the axles out, and change limbs. Reinstall, and everything should be good to go. Never hurts to measure everything before, and after just to make sure.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

bro Ehunter,

Thanks 4 the advice. Where abt the screwdriver. Where the force on the e-clip? On the opening or the stomach of e-clip? i scare to ruin the clip. Still dare nt to put my hand on it.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Place the tip of the screwdriver in one of the slots 180* from the opening, hold one hand real close to catch the clip, now pry the screwdriver against the axle, and the E clip will pop off into your waiting hand. Be carefull! Don't let the screwdriver slip or you could injure your hand, or loose the E clip!
    Did you ever get your sight?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Place the tip of the screwdriver in one of the slots 180* from the opening, hold one hand real close to catch the clip, now pry the screwdriver against the axle, and the E clip will pop off into your waiting hand. Be carefull! Don't let the screwdriver slip or you could injure your hand, or loose the E clip!
    Did you ever get your sight?

Thanks 4 the tip. I ll watch out for the clip.

N yes bro, i manage to get an used 2nd from my local archery range. Just in the right time she wanted to upgrade. Anyway, thanks ur offer appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't have explained it much better myself. It's pretty easy, but he's right about catching the e-clip with the spare hand. If pried too quickly they have a tendency to fly off and hide, if you know what I mean. Just go slow and be methodical.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

For installing the eclips, I highly recommend the use of a specific tool, I think mine is by Apple. It holds the clip and makes installation much easier, without scratching the finish or losing the clips. Took me awhile to buy one, frustration finally beat me down!
    " I learned a few years ago that my wife doesn't know a thing about bows - but she can count..."

Post Thanks / Like

no matter how many times you have removed E clips one of them like to go flying threw the air for something that only costs pennys they can get you mad
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update of the installation

i just got my hand on it. just took me an hour to strip, clean, and re-assemble all the parts.

BUT this looks ugly....

have pic attached for you bro to have a look.

Splitter limb??? force is on after taking it off the bow press, this small this came off just right at the roto cup area... bad limb????? OMG....

i dare not to shoot. i think i just gonna strip it off again.

what say u bro???
    Attached Images Attached Images