Thread: 2007 martin cheetah bent Idler wheel for sale make offer !!!

wpranch

Default 2007 martin cheetah bent Idler wheel for sale make offer !!!

Folks , bought a martin cheetah , pulled to check peep , let down ,noticed yellow mark on the idler, pulled a second time to check draw stop , string rotated off idler , checked idler ,BENT , know anybody that sells one? Nice bow if I could shoot it.
    Sorry ment to say make offer on bent idler.
    Last edited by wpranch; 02-23-2009 at 08:07 PM.

razorjack

If you bought it new warranty should cover it,if used try your local martin dealer....

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by wpranch View Post
    Folks , bought a martin cheetah , pulled to check peep , let down ,noticed yellow mark on the idler, pulled a second time to check draw stop , string rotated off idler , checked idler ,BENT , know anybody that sells one? Nice bow if I could shoot it.
    Sorry ment to say make offer on bent idler.
    You local dealer should be able to get one under warrenty. If this will take a long time PM me your address I will let you use one I have untill you can get one from the Dealer!
    All you will have to do is return it when your done! Just shoot me a Pm if you need it!

Post Thanks / Like

You sure it's the idler that's bent? Maybe it's the axle, or just excessive cam lean. You almost have to run over it with a truck to actually bend one.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

wpranch

yeah , I used the scientific method of pinching the limb with thumb and forefinger with thumbnail near wheel 1/16th inch variance around wheel so I took it in to my shop (i'm a millwright) set it up in a jig and strieghtend it to within .0004 and it seems too run pretty true . I think I can shoot this untill I get a new one

wpranch

Shot it tonight , shoots fast, string stayed on wheel, but has anyone noticed that with that short of bowthere is a lot of string deflexion from the cable slide to the wheels , and with the string angle at anchor I can't hardly see thruogh the peep any suggestions .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wpranch View Post
    Shot it tonight , shoots fast, string stayed on wheel, but has anyone noticed that with that short of bowthere is a lot of string deflexion from the cable slide to the wheels , and with the string angle at anchor I can't hardly see through the peep any suggestions .
    You must have a long draw for the peep angle to be off. Be that as it may there's a couple things you can (You're a millwright). Just drill it out at a different, more acute angle. The other is to check Specialty Archery and look at their Ball peeps. They make one with a 37 degree angle that should work---most are 45 degrees. You can order one from Lancaster Archery for about $15. OR, there's a third option. Do a search for "Predator Peep". See if you'd like these. If interested you can talk to Mike Meyers at Kinsey's Outdoors. His brother makes them.

You are right about the string/cable angle from the slide to the cam/wheel. Too much side torque to my liking. Just one other reason I like longer ATA bows. Usually in the 37" range.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver