Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Martin Bow I purchased @ Dicks Sporting Goods what is it ????

MarkFrantz

Default New Martin Bow I purchased @ Dicks Sporting Goods what is it ????

I just purchased a Martin Monster Buck Hunter single Bow @ Dicks Sporting Goods its specs are .......RH , single cam , 30'' axle to axle , 25'' - 30'' draw length , 55 - 70lb draw , 310 fps. , apg hd real tree camo with a 3 pin fiber optic site , prong rest , 4 arrow rest and a Carolina Archery stabilizer ,
    It has the M-Pro style cam , can anyone tell me which Bow it is made from or is it one of its own , and how come i cant find it anywhere ??..............Thank you Mark
    Last edited by MarkFrantz; 01-14-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

On Martin's website check the 2008 bows. Most likely, with the MPro cam and 30.5" it's the Cheetah (M-87).

Report back so I can help others. I don't go to Dicks.

bassnbucks

I am somewhat new to Martin bows, but have been looking at there site a ton lately -being laid off- and a lot of other archery sites comparing their bows. I saw on one of the sites, not sure which now, that martin has a line of bows for dicks only. I was assuming that these were lower to middle of the road bows at a good price point made to be sold at Dicks only. Again Im no expert but I did notice these a couple of weeks ago.
    I also noticed that my local MC Sports store has a "Bear" compound bow package called the Omni if I remember right. and it is specially packaged at a low price and not in the "normal" bear lineup on their website. My point is that I think some bow companies make a line of bows just for a good price at large retail stores.
    I hope this helps at least a little, if Im incorrect anyone else is welcome to add their 2 cents !!!
    John in MI
    04' Tracer

Post Thanks / Like

You're right. A lot of companies do this. Even Mathews and Bowtech are doing it, with Mission bow and Diamond bows respectively.

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    You're right. A lot of companies do this. Even Mathews and Bowtech are doing it, with Mission bow and Diamond bows respectively.
    Martin's got Rytera, and Hoyt has Reflex.

I think the bow at dicks is specific to that store chain. Basspro has martin too.

MarkFrantz

I found it , I must of over looked it before its on the Tech info , under Dicks Sporting Goods Monster Buck Hunter , all the specs look right but the fps. my paper work said 310 fps , the tech info says 300 fps , that dont matter to me because i have yet bought one that was actually rated what they said it was , i'll definitly say for a complete package deal of $369.00 that Bow was really worth it , only thing i changed was the sight i put on a 6 pin Copper John Dead Nuts 2 and i replaced the prong rest with a Quick Tune Micro adjust prong rest with the roller bearings the one that came with it has bushings and it had way to much play in it , its a consistant shooting Bow , it also came with a 8'' Carolina Archery 8'' stabilizer and a 4 arrow quiver .thanx for you guys help ......................Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Martin's got Rytera, and Hoyt has Reflex.

I think the bow at dicks is specific to that store chain. Basspro has martin too.
    Slightly wrong there Alec. Rytera is the really upscale offshoot from Martin. Rytera only has two bows in the lineup and they are "up there".

flytier17

Oops! Got to do more homework apparently.

So these bows are Target, or what?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Oops! Got to do more homework apparently.

So these bows are Target, or what?

Target or hunting. The Triad has a bridged riser similar to the Hoyt bows. The Bullet X is more conventional. Either can be had in target colors or camo. Don't hold any of this as solid info for 2008. There's supposed to be some major changes----whenever.

The Bullet X has a very similar appearance to the Pantera, MOAB line. They share many of the same parts , such as limbs and such.

flytier17

Looked at rytera.com last night. Sweet bows. Are these the 08 lineup? if so, THYEY STILL GOT NITROUS X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ATA was on, so the new ryteras should be out which is what is making me thing that these are the new ones, unless of course the website has yet to be updated in which case I can do nothing more than sit back and cross my fingers in hopes that they will in fact still have Nitrous X cams available, in which case I will consider ordering some. (deep breath)