Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peeling limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default peeling limbs

I've got a 2011 exile with a very small amount of glass peeling off the top of the limbs on one corner. Can I cover this with 2 part epoxyto stop it from getting worse?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beadrunner I would call Martin Customer service and get them replaced. They are under warranty. Take pics of the area in case they need evidence. They might send you back to your pro shop you got it from.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beadrunner View Post
    I've got a 2011 exile with a very small amount of glass peeling off the top of the limbs on one corner. Can I cover this with 2 part epoxyto stop it from getting worse?
    I have had the same issue on a 09 Pantera without power tough limbs. Watch it,,, my split the hole limb. Hutch is right call CS and takes it back to your dealer. Your dealer may charge you, are you can strip it down and send it back to Martin. The only thing you will loss is the first shipping charge if you send it back to Martin. If you're a good customer with your dealer he may replace for free of charge. Good luck.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm in trouble. I bought it from K&M archery off ebay

Post Thanks / Like

No your not in trouble. K&M archery hut is a dealer. I would call Martin Cs and deal with them. Your only going to be out about $25 in shipping and a little time.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. I'll call them in the morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default i have a martin with peeling limb also. this is the second set of limbs

Quote Originally Posted by beadrunner View Post
    my martin has had 2 sets of limbs that have had a problem...the first set were cracked and the company replaced them, i now have a piece of fiberglass coming off one of the limbs...is there a problem in the design???? i really love this bow and do not want to have to replace it. and replacing limbs in the middle of bow deer season every year is not acceptable in my opinion....so what do i do???? send it in and do without a bow for the rest of the season..even replacing the limbs takes me out of season for a lot of this year....not happy!!

Post Thanks / Like

The $25 it costs to ship a bow to Martin for a repair is well worth the service they give us. I'd rather spend the $25 to send it in than to have to pay full price for a new set of limbs or any other part.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carpshooter View Post
    my martin has had 2 sets of limbs that have had a problem...the first set were cracked and the company replaced them, i now have a piece of fiberglass coming off one of the limbs...is there a problem in the design???? i really love this bow and do not want to have to replace it. and replacing limbs in the middle of bow deer season every year is not acceptable in my opinion....so what do i do???? send it in and do without a bow for the rest of the season..even replacing the limbs takes me out of season for a lot of this year....not happy!!
    Hey carpshooter, Post a pic of the limb with the splinter. Just to see how bad it is and to determine what is best to do.

Reason I say this is my sons has a splinter and he is going to finish the season and the bring it in.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 10-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Hey carpshooter, Post a pic of the limb with the splinter. Just to see how bad it is and to determine what is best to do.

Reason I say this is my sons has a splinter and he is going to finish the season and the bring it in.

Hutch
    right now it is a small splinter, but he shoots 65 lbs and being he has had 2 sets of limbs already put on his bow, he is switching to a back up til he can get it to the bow shop...just wondering if this is a common problem, and if it is, he may have to switch to some other bow, he is shooting his bear right now....really loves his martin for the way it feels and would like to keep it.