Had dinner with my wife tonight while she was at work. Told her I have a strange, goofy confidence that something big is going to go down on the first sit of this season. I've never felt like this since I started deer hunting - it's just a strange vibe I'm getting.

Decided to give my dad a call to tell him that she clipped a doe yesterday (she's good, car is good) right by the property ... he said "you have to come here and see what we got on the camera" ... that is where the goosebumps came. We set the cam up 2 weeks ago and 2 hours after we set it, had a little 8 walk in and hang out for about an hour. Moved it last weekend to another stand we call "faithful" and good lord did we see some good signs!

Out of all the videos (30 sec clips) maybe 10 or 12 - 2 doe, rest bucks. There are 2 boss hogs out there, 1 is just a flat beast with a broke G2 ... goosebumps. There is another 8 that is just crazy tall ... goosebumps. Last season we passed on all the bucks we saw and had a shot at and it definitely is going to pay off this year.