Thread: Sight Swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sight Swap

I have been shooting the new bow for a little while now, and just could not get used to the sight I had on it. I ordered an new Sword Twilight and I need to swap it out. I am curious if I should re-do the centershot, or if that should still be good from the old sight. My thought is that the centershot just gets the rest lined up to where it needs to be, and I should be fine just swapping the sights. I don't want to overthink this, but was just looking for some input.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

If the bow is tuned you don't move the rest. Here's what I do when swapping sights. On the sight I am removing I measure from the mounting surface to the pins. Then if I have a stabilizer I measure from the top edge of the stabilizer to the height of the 20 yard pin. Assuming the new sight sticks out the same distance (or close) from the front of the bow then you can transfer these measurments to the new sight adter it is mounted. This should get things close enough to get you started resighting the new one.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barry, that's what I was looking for. I tried to measure the pins kind of like you were saying, but I didn't think about how much of a difference there was in length from the riser to the pins. The new sight had to be a good 2" longer, but I got close enough that it worked out. I am now sighted 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60. Now if I could just get the rain to hold off so I can fine tune the pins and get in the woods...
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

You will love that sword twilight, i have one on my nemesis.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

BRH, you are right. I had a Sword Apex Hunter on my old bow, and I sold the sight with the bow. I like the extra pin that is on the twilight.
    2012 Alien X