Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 2011 Martin Exile..........good bow...or stay away

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 2011 Martin Exile..........good bow...or stay away

    would like some info on it...
    they known for limb issues or excessive noise and slow speed...?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brookhaven, Ms
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    great bang for the buck man, just make sure it doesnt have the old trg/sos on it. i see them on ebay go for like 100-150 used 2011s. mine doesnt have a tapped hole to mount a rear string stopper but later models do, id make sure it had that as well

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    would like some more input

  4. #4
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As suggested in the other 2 threads, just hold tight until more on the 2013 line is released/given. If your Bear is functioning and shooting well for the time being but you have an itch for a newer bow - just hold out a little bit longer. Doesn't make much sense to go after a 2011 model when the 2013's are right around the corner and the Blade is basically going to be the Exile from what I'm assuming and the pricing is going to be pretty much equal unless you are getting some crazy discount on the 2011.

    There isn't anything wrong with the Exile, but if you are chasing speed you won't find it here. You'll be seeing about the same as what you are getting from your Strike.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    not chasing speed....
    if it can be the same as my bear strike...then that is perfect.
    just worried about noise, vibe, smoothness...
    then lastly is speed......i don't want to go backwards...lol

    just all the stuff i've read on here.......i have cautioned myself not to make a dumb decision here.
    i would like to shoot martin again...but now my dealer whom i visited yesterday, informed me yesterday that he has no plans to order martin for 2013.....yet....
    i guess they owe him $$$(not alot of money though...) and he's waiting to see if the 2013 line is any good. He just said i'm a dealer for now....yikes!!!!
    didn't get a good vibe on that. I don't want to own a bow that has no local dealer.

  6. #6
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    not chasing speed....
    if it can be the same as my bear strike...then that is perfect.
    just worried about noise, vibe, smoothness...
    then lastly is speed......i don't want to go backwards...lol

    just all the stuff i've read on here.......i have cautioned myself not to make a dumb decision here.
    i would like to shoot martin again...but now my dealer whom i visited yesterday, informed me yesterday that he has no plans to order martin for 2013.....yet....
    i guess they owe him $$$(not alot of money though...) and he's waiting to see if the 2013 line is any good. He just said i'm a dealer for now....yikes!!!!
    didn't get a good vibe on that. I don't want to own a bow that has no local dealer.
    How many shops do you have within a reasonable distance from you. Just because they aren't a martin dealer doesn't mean they couldn't help you out in the event you needed something. My guy is not a Martin dealer and he just took care of some warranty work on my 2007. Not sure how a company could owe a dealer money, I would think that would be the other way around but that is besides the point. If you don't have a set budget in mind might be worth looking at some other options aside from just the Exile. Could also see if there are any others out there that would be willing to work with you. Some might be able to put in a special order if they aren't a specific dealer, just depends I guess.

    But I'd still recommend holding out for the 2013 line.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    How many shops do you have within a reasonable distance from you. Just because they aren't a martin dealer doesn't mean they couldn't help you out in the event you needed something. My guy is not a Martin dealer and he just took care of some warranty work on my 2007. Not sure how a company could owe a dealer money, I would think that would be the other way around but that is besides the point. If you don't have a set budget in mind might be worth looking at some other options aside from just the Exile. Could also see if there are any others out there that would be willing to work with you. Some might be able to put in a special order if they aren't a specific dealer, just depends I guess.

    But I'd still recommend holding out for the 2013 line.
    i wouldn't mind getting a 09 or 10 martin firecat with 45-60lbs...
    firecat cranked to 60lbs would be nice and fast and yet easy to pull....lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    a 2012-2013 Firecat/Cougar cranked to 60# would be just as nice or better

    My Bengal is 60# and it pulls like a champ and shoots just as nice. Out of curiosity what sort of speeds are you getting out of the Strike / what specs?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    a 2012-2013 Firecat/Cougar cranked to 60# would be just as nice or better

    My Bengal is 60# and it pulls like a champ and shoots just as nice. Out of curiosity what sort of speeds are you getting out of the Strike / what specs?
    I'm getting 280-282 fps with 64lbs @ 28dl with carbon express 350 maximas = 367 grains

    super smooth draw! so quiet...
    probably going to keep the strike....it's so dam nice to shoot.
    would love to try the bengal. But my dealer yesterday didn't have one...
    in fact i think he is done with martin....didn't sound real positive.
    Last edited by WestMichiganBowhunter; 10-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member gravedigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    forest grove,oregon
    Posts
    3,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    my good budy bought a 2011 exile and he loves the thing.not to loud but need whiskers and a sts.fast and straight shooting little bugger.it is a bit more quiet then my bengal.all and all stick with what you like to shoot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •