Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: exile question

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    Be careful, I've already wounded a doe this year with my exile , you better make a perfect( not good) shot it better be broadside . I wouldn't shoot over 30 with it either , I was highly disappointed, I shoot voctory Vap arrows and Magnus broahheads . At 24 yards I got only like 8inches deep. My bow is cranked to 70. Maybe I hit shoulder, but at that close with those Vap arrows it should blow through and it didn't
    The Exile is perfectly capable of taking a deer or any other large North American game.

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful, I've already wounded a doe this year with my exile , you better make a perfect( not good) shot it better be broadside . I wouldn't shoot over 30 with it either , I was highly disappointed, I shoot voctory Vap arrows and Magnus broahheads . At 24 yards I got only like 8inches deep. My bow is cranked to 70. Maybe I hit shoulder, but at that close with those Vap arrows it should blow through and it didn't
    Don't knock the bow for wounding a deer. Bows don't kill animals. Broadheads on the end of the arrow do that. All a bow does is launch an arrow at a given velocity. Any bow of about 40# and up, shooting a properly spined arrow is capable of launching an arrow with enough oomph to kill deer. It doesn't matter whether the arrow is doing 200 fps or 300+ fps. There are many factors that can lead to wounding of an animal. Poor shot angle, poor arrow flight, dull broadheads, hitting bone, and a long list of others, but I assure you the bow is not on the list unless you might have had some catastrophic failure at the moment of release.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    The Exile is perfectly capable of taking a deer or any other large North American game.

Dz.....you must've hit shoulder....
    everyone knows on here that the exile isn't a speed demon but it's not the worst either....lol
    it should blow threw any whitetail given that it doesn't hit a massive amount of bone like the shoulder. I have to suspect that a few other models or other manufacturers would've done the same thing. How many grains you shooting...?

i think joel is right........& i'm sure he has seen many if not all the bows get tested and the legitamacy of it all...(i hope so...lol) just a joke there.
    DZ...i do appreciate your feedback. Did you recover the deer...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    Not a slam at you DZ ... but you can't blame a bow for what could be a misplaced shot.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear your expectations werent met with that experience , ( i guess u didnt did find her to confirm the 8 " or shoulder bone hit ? ) but you reckon that doe was that much tougher than that gator's head someone blew thru way back when, lol? my guess is no. something else must've contributed to the less than satisfactory results.
    p.s theres a recent post on AT that describes a shot deer that just had a similar experience as you, .......only he's shootin a MR6.... uh how much can you go up from there ?

Post Thanks / Like

Even with 8 inches of penetration that doe should be dead if the shot was placed in the vitals ive seen kids kill deer with 35 pound bows so its not the bow, the broadhead or the arrow its placement and kinetic energy that exile has plenty of kinetic energy even at 40 pounds to kill a deer at 25 yards
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    sorry to hear your expectations werent met with that experience , ( i guess u didnt did find her to confirm the 8 " or shoulder bone hit ? ) but you reckon that doe was that much tougher than that gator's head someone blew thru way back when, lol? my guess is no. something else must've contributed to the less than satisfactory results.
    p.s theres a recent post on AT that describes a shot deer that just had a similar experience as you, .......only he's shootin a MR6.... uh how much can you go up from there ?
    good point...

MR6 is going to be certainly faster with more KE...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you retro fit a fury cam on the exile....in place of the accutrack

in fear of starting another thread......
    i will ask my question........

can you put a fury cam on a 2011 exile without any problems......
    i would have to think you will need different length strings and cables.

anyone retrofit yet...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    in fear of starting another thread......
    i will ask my question........

can you put a fury cam on a 2011 exile without any problems......
    i would have to think you will need different length strings and cables.

anyone retrofit yet...?
    We've talked about this a little. It's not very practical to do so because of the cost of the cams. You would most likely need different strings and cables because of the nature of the cam difference. Pretty much figured there isn't much of a reason to do it.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    We've talked about this a little. It's not very practical to do so because of the cost of the cams. You would most likely need different strings and cables because of the nature of the cam difference. Pretty much figured there isn't much of a reason to do it.
    likely it's not going to increase speed or much in the way of smoothness.