Thread: Cougar 3 upgrade to acu-trac?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cougar 3 upgrade to acu-trac?

I have a 2003 C3 that came with a fusion cam. I was wondering if I could upgrade to an acu-trac cam? I saw the question asked for a dual cam conversion, so i thought I'd ask about just going to a different single cam.

Thanks for any info , Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Its always going to be a question of cost feasibilty, Since I have all the cams needed, ( an extra set of Nitrous B cams ) all I would need is the rigging for it, new string and cables. If you don't alreay have the cams, you'll of course need them, in this case a new acu-trac cam and idler, and the rigging. How much will that cost you? The new parts from Martin usually are expensive, Most times its cheaper to pick up a used bow and strip off the parts you need. Of course, your milage may differ.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I had that same bow back in 03, the fusion cam was a good cam. About the only thing you'll gain with the AcuTrak cam would be maybe about 5-10 fps and a solid draw stop, not sure if it would be worth the investment unless you can find a good used cam really cheap. Both cams use the same DL modules, so the cable lengths should be very close, if not the same. The string length would most likley be a little different, but wouldn't be too difficult to figure out. One other thing, you'll probably need to change the idler also, I don't think they are the same diameter, I'm pretty certain the AcuTrak uses a larger idler.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I picked up a cam for $35, still need a wheel. This is just a project bow. I have several Martins, but I always loved my C3. It got me a few deer. Then again my C4 with Nitrous cams isn't bad, or my Shadow Cat with Nitro cams, or the Rytera Triad with elite limbs and a dyna cam. Then there is the M-2000 cougar with a dyna cams, the scepter II (in pieces for now), the 09 AX, and the one that started it all, my 1995 M-41 speedflight cougar with Z-cams. Needless to say, I'm kinda stuck on Martin Bows. Can't wait to see what else is in the line up for 2013.

Thanks again, Kevin