View Poll Results: If you were to purchase a new Martin in 2013, would you pick a solid or split limb?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do me a solid Martin!

8 23.53%
  • Split it up cause more is better!

7 20.59%
  • Either way its a Martin and I'd love it!

19 55.88%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The split decision...

Post Thanks / Like

Default The split decision...

So, just curious as to what the general consensus of the new quad limbs are. What are the pro's and con's in your opinion? I can't see Martin putting split limbs on the entire lineup of 2013 compounds, so the question is:

IF you were to purchase a 2013 Martin, would you be more interested in a solid or split limb configuration and why?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe a solid limb works well. But a split limb is quieter and all that I have had in the shop seem to be very smooth.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the split limb design personally but also with a yoke cable system. You can tune out the cam lean better in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

One of Martins biggest draws is the ability to work on your bow without a bowpress and to actually get parts from the factory without driving 2 hrs to a bow shop that dosen't really want to work on or sell Martin Bows. KISS!!!!!!!
    Speed and Quiteness are Not the most important things, my 2011 Onza is plenty quiet with nothing more than some whiskers on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to get a '13 AX4 so at some point will have an in-depth review on it. :-)
    I never have been much of a quad limb fan until about 6 months ago when I purchased
    a Strother SX RUSH.
    I have to admit that it is one of the best bows I've owned.
    Martin took the Alien X, added the Saddleback grip, cleaned up the Hybrix cams, and went to
    the split limb design which not only shaved a bit more weight off the bow but should eliminate
    any limb issues and give it an even smoother/more consistent draw.
    I think it's going to be really hard for anyone to top this in a hunting bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the split limb bows. If all of the line up is going to be split limb I will have to find an older bow. I like working on my own bow

Post Thanks / Like

I can't knock them til I've messed with them. Looking forward to shooting the Nemesis 35.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

Not me I want it simple. 2 limbs please. Why try and be like everyone else?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been a solid limb fan. I sold a 2012 ONZA and purchased a 2013 Alpine Verdict with Split limbs. "I wanted a split limb bow". I guess I jump the gun and didn't think Martin would produce a split limb in 2013. I will say so far the Verdict is the quietest, best draw and back wall that I've owned so far. Not the fastest, but very very accurate so far. I have a lot more testing before I have competences in the bow on a hunt. But for now my Fire Cat 400 is still # 1, not the quietest but fast and accurate.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I think both designs have their positives and negatives. At the moment to truly be able to decide for or against I would have to try split limbs on my Scepter at the same weight. I have tried both split and solid limb bows before but them being of different makes, I would be reticent to make a comparison based on the limbs alone for obvious reasons.

From a marketing point of view, having more options is a boon for drawing in customers. So good luck Martin on this endeavour.
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"