View Poll Results: If you were to purchase a new Martin in 2013, would you pick a solid or split limb?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do me a solid Martin!

8 23.53%
  • Split it up cause more is better!

7 20.59%
  • Either way its a Martin and I'd love it!

19 55.88%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The split decision...

Post Thanks / Like

What i've written is just a guess! I own 2-3 Perfect Line bows and like them a lot. Martin and other bow companies want to offer their customers a really affordable bow which simply can't be made in America, that's why they order it in Asia. If you don't want it get another American-made bow from their line (which is long enough by the way).
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    What i've written is just a guess! I own 2-3 Perfect Line bows and like them a lot. Martin and other bow companies want to offer their customers a really affordable bow which simply can't be made in America, that's why they order it in Asia. If you don't want it get another American-made bow from their line (which is long enough by the way).
    Martin has been making affordable bows for a long time they dont need another country to do it for them. Looking at those bows online I see no resemblence and I dont think martin would go that there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Since when did you become ambidextrous?
    i guess i'm ambidextrouus , i like both left & right handed dallas cowboy cheerleaders! as for the split limbs i have never owened one, but i'm thinking of looking at one .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is not Martin's first go 'round with twin limbs...

I have a couple 1999 Rage XRG twin limb bows. Martin made a few models back in the late 90's with twin limbs, both straight and recurve "XRG". I personally like the twin limb a lot because of the wider profile - with a dual cam, it feels very stable and solid. I have converted the bows to shoot through Nitrous cams, and they shoot incredibly accurately for a short brace speed bow. My only issue with those bows is that the riser sight window is so short, but for my daughters, nieces and nephews they are the most accurate speed bow they can get.

I have actually considered taking the limbs and pockets off of one and putting on a longer riser to see what kind of tack driver I could make.

I have owned a LOT of Martin bows over the last 15 years. I never had a major limb problem, but did have a few develop the hairline crack in the middle of the Y. That I perceived to be an issue of the cam and string technology catching up to and surpassing the limb technology. When they went to the 13" thinner limbs with roto cups, I had a couple splinter on the outside edge. That I perceived to be simple QC issues. The PowerTough limbs seemed to be working well, but I have read lots of claims of Martin and Rytera being perceived as noisy compared to others.

I believe the twin limbs will help alleviate the irritating center crack issues, and should also help with noise and vibration dissipation. As referenced above, adding a true dual cam, shoot through cam option like the former NitrousX would make for one super-stable bow. I don't think we'll see a return of a shoot through system in 2013, but if we keep asking, maybe we will eventually get it (;-)
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, I don't perceive my two Martin bows as loud. I subscribe to Outdoor life and they recently did a new bow shootout. They tested all the bows with a db meter and the other M bow, the lighter then air model was the loudest at 91 db. Most of the other bows ran from the high 70s to the high 80s. Martin did not have a bow in the shootout, but to be honest anything in the mid to high 80s can heard by a game animal from a fair distance I would say. I have never had a split limb bow, but I am sure not opposed to shooting one if I like the way it feels and shoots. For me shooting my bow is more about confidence in my ability to place my shots were I want them then what a bows features are. If I am not shooting lights out then I am doing something wrong or different, so my vote goes to whatever Martin uses as long as it's reliable.