Thread: 2011 Nemesis

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Nemesis

Hello all, I have been reading some of the post here and AT with regards to Martins 2013 bow line up. I have read a couple post that relate to quality issues in bows produced in the past couple years. I have to admit that it has shaken my confidence a little, even though my new 2011 Nemesis is shooting and performing well. I now have a nag in the back of my mind that says from time to time are these limbs going to hold up. I do shoot quite a bit to stay sharp for hunting and as I stated no problems to date. My question is given the limb change for 2013 should one consider picking up a spare set of limbs now and were the 2011 Rytara Limbs that big of a problem? Thank you in advance for your input and views.

Post Thanks / Like

First Rule of Martin Tech Forums ... do not believe everything you read on AT

Second Rule of Martin Tech Forums ... DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON AT

==

There are a lot of Martin haters on that site that will make up and exaggerate stories to make the company and any problems they "may" of had sound far worse than they really are or were ... if they even happened.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'' start with asking you a question. Can you see what the deflection number is on the limbs? You can view it on the underside of the limb butt near the limb bolt? If it's 3 numbers such as 135 then these are Barnesdale limbs, commonly used with the Rytera bows. If so, then rest your mind and just shoot the bow. If the limb deflection reads something like 3HP then these are Martin limbs. If so then you have the updated limbs that replaced those which were causing problems in the two prior years.

You can do your own searching, but if you get a yen to have an extra pair of limbs around then I would contact Dave Barnesdale. He makes about the best limbs that you can get and prices start at about $150/set. Personally I wouldn't worry about it until or unless you experience any limb problems.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you gents my limbs are marked 3hp 3141, like I said no issues at all I love the bow. I will say though being old school not a huge fan of the bat wing look of new bows, but the great riser machining more then makes up for it.

Post Thanks / Like

The 3141 is just codes used by Martin for something. Possibly batch numbers or something so that they can trace them if too many start failing. The 3HP is what's imporant. The P on the end designates that they are Powertuff limbs which are used now. As far as I know there have been a limited amount of failures pertaining to these limbs. Probably close to the industry standard of < 1%.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver