Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 martin check it out

Post Thanks / Like

I love my 2012 Bengal...but that Alien looks sweet!!! Looks like a great line of bows for 2013.
    2012 Bengal Pro (Carbon Black), LH, QAD Ultra Hunter, Sword Apex 3rd Plane, Super Stix stabilizer, Carbon Express Maxima arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking lineup. Well done Martin and I love the integration of the bow lines...much simpler now. And I agree with Double S, that Diabalo Takedown is what I'll be looking for...wonder what the price tag is. Does anyone recognize the riser?
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong about the quad limbs. The new compound bows look nice -I like the most the Alien, but what really attracts my attention are the trad Diablos (especially the take down) and the El Dorado.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping retail prices aren't too crazy with some of the new changes. Feel that Martin has always had the best price range for the market.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I like the line up but hope that in the next addition FY14 that they might bring back the Fire Cat 400/Cougar and or Silencer. I really like my Fire Cat. Maybe sold and or split limb. Wow! Already wishing.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I'm really liking the line up but wondering about the Phantom and the Blade feeling very similar and sorta the same with Bengal/Prowler. I woulda kept the Cougar over the Prowler, but that's just me. Really like that they kept the XT and branded it with the Onza. Really considering pulling the trigger on one, since I've wanted an Onza since the 2011 series. I like the Alien, but with the one I had, just loved the Bengal more and feel it might be similar, but with the different grip and addition of the new VEMs ... that might totally change that bow.
    I'm glad they kept the Prowler personally. However, I don't see any difference from the 2012 model, so I will probably buy one of those instead. The only other bows that I like are the Bengal, the Phantom and the Blade which both seem almost the same? Just a personal thing, but I don't like the little green dots they put in a lot of the risers. Seems like a corny marketing thing to me and I'd really prefer not to have them.

Post Thanks / Like

Its funny all the attention the Diablo takedown is getting, only because I've been toying with the idea of getting a Saber take down and when I saw the Diablo I went "well hello there!"

Its a sweet looking rig, like the Rytera line went in on the traditional piece as well! Kudos Martin
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 10-24-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

what are your guys' thoughts on the stabilizer wing?
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Its funny all the attention the Diablo takedown is getting, only because I've been toying with the idea of getting a Saber take down and when I saw the Diablo I went "well hello there!"

Its a sweet looking rig, like the Rytera line went in on the traditional piece as well! Kudos Martin
    I noticed this and thought the same thing. I've been intrigued by a semi-traditional setup like the Jaguar/Saber takedowns.

==

When do you think we could expect the MSRP listings? Need to get an idea of how many jellybeans I need to start saving
    Last edited by droppixel; 10-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

All this talk about the new lineup and nothing about the seeker? What a strange looking bow but the adjustable brace height is just cool IMO! Not to mention the fact that the thing is awesome looking.

i know it says rytera series but damn it is a good looking bow!

well done on your new products Martin Archery!
    RobinHood.......some day....lol